Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64976.37

Thread: full tilt

Experienced Member

full tilt

is full tilt comming back?

Experienced Member
    This is the latest info I was able to find online:

After the most recent round of rumors that a potential sale was in the works that would see Full Tilt poker taken over by Groupe Bernard Tapie, yet another month has gone by and there is still no official progress. However, unlike previous times, when “anonymous sources” stated a sale was imminent, this time around there is also some circumstantial evidence pointing to Full Tilt Poker potentially returning in the near future.

Full Tilt Hiring

As we reported a few weeks ago, Full Tilt poker is apparently hiring, posting job openings for mostly Customer Service reps on a few online job postings sites. A number of jobs were listed at jobs.ie, in early March, pointing towards Pocket Kings looking to hire 14 people.

You can read our full write-up on these job openings here.

Full Tilt Poker online?

According to PokerNewsReport.com, the Full Tilt Poker software was online on Tuesday, with 411 players sitting at their tables. Nobody that tried to log-in could get to the poker client, but several people reported they had their software updated, and the Full Tilt website showed the “GREEN” dot, signifying the site was online for the first time since June 29, 2011.

Speculation on why the site was online has varied, with the most optimistic thinking it was a dry run of the software by GBT.

Company registered with Full Tilt Poker name

PokerFuse.com also had some breaking news on the Full Tilt front on Tuesday, stating that a new company has been incorporated in Ireland by Laurent Tapie, and Prosper Jer?my Masquelier (both of whom are part of the GBT fronted ISPT Poker Tour) called New Full Tilt Limited. According to the report the company has €1 million in seed money, although the precise nature of its operations is still a mystery, but the company is listed as a software consultancy and supply firm.

Full Tilt Poker subsidiary applies for AGCC License

You may recall back when the Aldernay Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) finally revoked Full Tilt Poker’s license after a few hearings and plenty of delays there were a few subsidiary companies listed as having their licenses revoked. However, there was also one company associated with Full Tilt Poker that got a slap on the wrist from the AGCC because it hadn’t been up and running long enough to be in operation. Orinic received a 6-month suspension from the AGCC, and now the Full Tilt subsidiary has reapplied for their AGCC license.

While there is nothing concrete in any of these reports, the sheer number of them has to keep players’ hopes alive that the sale of Full Tilt poker is in fact on the horizon.

Seasoned Veteran
    i think Full Tilt will be back at the end of this month

PokerOwned Master
    By: Dan
    Published on Feb 16th, 2012
    Email A Friend In a video blog posted on Wednesday, PokerStars pro Daniel Negreanu (pictured) lit into Full Tilt Poker’s Howard Lederer, Ray Bitar, and Chris Ferguson. The four-minute rant began with the following, directed at Lederer, “If you’re listening or watching this, I don’t think I would have any problem with someone who had $15,000 of their hard earned money on your site come up to you and bash you in the nuts with a baseball bat. Seriously, I’ve got no problem with it.”

Full Tilt, once the second largest poker site in the world, was driven from the U.S. market on Black Friday. Since then, however, it has failed to pay players everywhere back. Moreover, Lederer, Bitar, Ferguson, and the site’s executives have been relatively silent since the exodus ten months ago. Negreanu pointed out the irony: “You asked the poker world to accept your brand and come play at your site: ‘Come chat with the pros.’ There are a lot of people who would like to ‘chat’ with you right now, but all of a sudden, zip.”

On the trio being mum, “Kid Poker” added, “You are scumbags – absolute, flat out scumbags – for ignoring the poker world that you’ve fleeced for as much money as you did. And now you have nothing to say? Are you freaking serious? There’s not a lawyer in the world that can force you to keep as quiet as you have. It’s shameful, disgusting, and you deserve a smack in the face for what you’ve done. You have no respect for our community.”

Most of the updates about Full Tilt have come from the site’s legal team. Groupe Bernard Tapie, which is attempting to acquire Full Tilt’s assets, has also been fairly vocal. Negreanu called for repercussions: “You should be shunned and ostracized from our community forever for the lack of respect you’ve shown us by not giving us even a simple statement, something to the effect of, ‘Wow, I’m so sorry about what happened. I’ll do everything in my power to rectify the situation.’ Nothing. Instead, you hide out like a shameful little weasel, a shameful little weasel that you are. All three of you disgust me… You three are hiding out like the scum you are.”

Negreanu then turned his attention to Lederer (pictured), asking, “After Black Friday, when the company was insolvent, did you or did you not know that the rest-of-the-world players were depositing money onto a site that didn’t have money to cover? Did you know? And how do you possibly justify that? Your site says, ‘Your money’s safe with us’ on the byline, but no it wasn’t, and you knew it. And if you knew it, which I know you did, you’re scum.”

Last September, the U.S. Department of Justice called Full Tilt Poker a “global Ponzi scheme” and alleged that the company paid its owners and pros $443 million over a four-year period. At the same time, it owed customers nearly $400 million, but only had $59 million in its coffers. Full Tilt’s operating license was revoked late last year.

The PokerStars pro and four-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner concluded his video blog by saying, “You belong in prison. I hope you guys go to prison and I hope you have some big friends who take good care of you. You’re condescending, arrogant, incompetent morons who have shunned the poker world by not making a statement. If you guys would have come out with a statement in the first two months, the first three months, whatever, then maybe I could have found some solace in the fact that at least you care. But, you don’t care. You obviously don’t care what the poker world thinks of you because silence – you know what that looks like – guilt, because you all are guilty. Period. End of story.”

PokerStars refunded U.S. players shortly after Black Friday, while Full Tilt, UB, and Absolute Poker have not yet done so.

On TwoPlusTwo, posters reacted to Negreanu’s tirade, largely supporting the Canuck. In that camp, one member of TwoPlusTwo wrote, “I admire Daniel for what he said about those scums, and I dedicate my 500th post to you man.” Another poster questioned, “Why does he give the big three those questions, but not other FTP pros? Nobody has said anything... Why are we sure Phil Ivey didn't know we were depositing money into a site without money?”

Will Full Tilt be back for the US market though?