Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Folding rather than Checking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any scenario where you would rather fold rather than checking or raising?
    I think it could be a useful tactic to raise your opponents pot odds to promote them to bet more aggressively against each other. I haven't thought of it much further than that.
    This is obviously not useful at all in cash games but could it be in an MTT around the bubble?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    einsteintimes9 [6]

Poker at: Bovada
    Game: Holdem
    Folding rather than Checking
    Is there any scenario where you would rather fold rather than checking or raising?
    I think it could be a useful tactic to raise your opponents pot odds to promote them to bet more aggressively against each other. I haven't thought of it much further than that.
    This is obviously not useful at all in cash games but could it be in an MTT around the bubble?

Plagiarize much? Found the above on CARDCHAT, heres the link.

Folding rather than Checking - Poker Forums

PokerOwned Veteran
    The only time I would fold rather than check is if I am playing multiple tables and I make a mistake. Even if only 1 out of 100 of these situations gets checked down to the river and by some miracle you win it is still more money than folding. In my experience if there is more people in the pot it usually induces the aggressor to make an even bigger bet. So by checking instead of folding you might be increasing the chance of action.

Experienced Member
    when u r on flush or straight , try to fold because these cards are tempting to raise.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    I may fold on the river with no action in front of me if its an MTT near the money and I missed a draw and have no chance of winning a showdown. Reason is the player behind me is more likely to raise knowing he has one less callers to worry about, therefore possibly setting up a showdown between the other players, which may lead to the elimination of one of them.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    hey ive done this a few times, rather just not waste the time and move on, knowing damn well youre going to lose the hand

makes no sense to fold when you can check,just check until the next bet then fold.

PokerOwned God
    I'm sure there are more fold scenarios as you approach the bubble in a tournament.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    this is a joke right why would you ever fold a Free check crazy

Quote Originally Posted by 1downswing1 View Post
    this is a joke right why would you ever fold a Free check crazy
    when you know your beat why check out the river? Just fold and move on to next hand!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast