Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Tired of the BS talk and bad mouthing?

I just wonder if anyone else is as sick of the BS talk and bad mouthing from some of the other players from PO? I find it amazing how often players in the PO freerolls talk shit about how others play. It's not only annoying, poor sportsmanship, and of little value, but I've found that almost 100% of the people doing it are themselves losing players. There are many methods of finding out how successful someone is as a poker player, and I've found that the majority of the players who talk shit about me or any other player are clearly no better than anyone else in these freerolls. I'm not sure why people like Prawney, JBrazon, dbbc, and 1hatedonkblahblahblah seem to feel they have to put other players down to make themselves feel better, but the reality is they are, statistically, no better than anyone else who plays here. I find it maddening, annoying, and a bad way to represent this forum, for people to do this kind of thing. Nobody here is a poker professional or even a winning poker player, or else they wouldn't bother earning points to enter a freeroll!! LOL!! So why don't those of you who can't stand losing either put your ego aside, or at least have the courtesy to STFU when you are truly no better than the people you are putting down. The rest of us who are trying to enjoy ourselves would truly appreciate it.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I've been cool with you for a while now, so I wouldn't be bringing up my name. You complain just as much, we all do....it's part of the game...if you don't like chit talking, don't play. I do it live and so do MANY others....

Banned
    I've been playing live poker for 35 years JB, and if you made the comments in a live game that you do online you would get your azz handed to you and kicked out of the poker room. The fact of the matter is that you and others hide behind your computers and treat other people as less than you. I, for one, am sick of it, and I just wish people could be a little more civil. I don't start the crap, but I also won't be treated like a fool by you or anyone else who are no better than I.

Trash talk is unfortunately part of any competitive activity. It can be fun, but I think the combination of gambling + the-safety-that-comes-with-anonymity + Free-Roll = prime trash talk environment. I'm fine with it, mostly because it is amusing. I always appreciate JB's trash-talk because, personally, it reminds me he is human. I tolerate the rest because if I didn't I wouldn't play poker, especially online poker.

Ask Phil Helmuth what he thinks about trash talk. He seems to do ok.

Though I think sometimes things can get out of hand, I take solace in the fact nobody would do the sort of trash talk they do online at a live table...

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazon View Post
    ...if you don't like chit talking, don't play. I do it live and so do MANY others....
    doh!
    Last edited by gefishy; 07-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    dude stop crying about a couple comments someone makes to you on a table, i said one thing and u go off on some rant so i called ya a donk once or twice. and i dont really care how long you been playing poker lmao. and id do the same shit live too

PokerOwned Master
    oh and btw, i am better than you lamebrane. whether you think it or anyone else thinks it, thats one thing i know for sure

PokerOwned Pro
    true that yo, watch tony g play. that guy can trash talk and gain information doing it. watch the big game where hellmuth gets needled the entire 150 hands by tony g. it can be very effective, but it can also be very counterproductive.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Watch Tony G, Mike Matusow, Phil Laak.....just to name some other big names who cuss and call names....I've been playing for 20 years, lamebrane, and they won't kick you out of a game for it, I play just about every day live....Most they do even at WSOP is give you a timeout for using the f word...lol

Knight-Lieutenant
    wow its poker dont take it personal because i dont i get pissed at the bad play but by the time im off the table its beyond me so let it go because it wont ever start

PokerOwned Pro
    its a competitive world ya gotta do what ya gotta do to press the right button call/fold/raise.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast