Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

Fold, Call or Re-raise?

Here I go again with the Q & A ...I'll post the answers, too.

On the first hand of the rebuy period in a small tournament you pick up K-K in late position. The first player raises 25% of his chips and is called by two other people should you:
    a)Fold b)Call c)Raise d)Raise all-in?

Towards the end of rebuys, you've built up a very big stack. When two players limp, you make a good raise with A-Q and the other big stack at the table, who is a solid player and has about the same as you, goes all-in on the small blind. All pass back around to you. Should you:
    a)Fold b)Call?

At the start of the freezeout stage of the event, you get involved with a player you haven't seen before, but who has played very fast and loose in the rebuy period. He raises your blind a normal amount from mid-position, all fold around, and you look down at 9-9. Both of you have more than 20 big blinds on the table. Do you:
    a)Fold b)Call c)Raise d)Move all-in?

answers...

1. d) Raise all-in. You figure to have the best hand at this stage, and you can expect at least one caller. If you're unlucky and lose you can always rebuy, and if everyone folds you will get more action next time you pick up a monster.

2. a)Fold. Because you know the other player isn't a maniac, and you know he knows you have enough chips to wipe him out, it's very hard for you to be in a good spot here. Many players will play A-K like this, and there's also the possibility he has a decent pair but doesn't want to se a flop with it.

3. b)Call. Just because he played fast during rebuys doesn't mean he is still doing so now - for all you know, he could be an expert player. Folding and re-raising are out, and going all-in is imprudent.

PokerOwned God
    Where are these from ? Btw, I would have been correct with my answers

Quote Originally Posted by MIGO14 View Post
    Where are these from ? Btw, I would have been correct with my answers
    from a UK poker site.

Experienced Member
    Good knwoledge. Very instructive. Thank you

PokerOwned Veteran
    in my case i all in aq is the third best hand for me .. gl in the tables

PokerOwned God
    very informatitive thanks for sharing always more to learn

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    some pros like to only come in a pot if they ar eraising, its a pretty good strategy, but it can turn to a bingo style deep in a tourney if your low stacked