Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64222.38

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Why do you like to check and call with a good hand and bet and raise with bad ones?

The subject title says it all...I'd really like to know why you do this these days, as opposed to not doing it, like you used to not do. You're all doing it now, so don't deny it. Is value-betting out of style now? No longer works?? Aren't your opponents going to catch on soon and make the whole system no good??????

If you're talking about freerolls, I suspect it's because folks don't want to put chips in early on because they are probably going to get called with garbage. Better to see the flop and then make the play. If it's not freerolls, you just need to move up in the monetary ranks - you'll see plenty of value-betting when you get into the $50 and higher buy-ins.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Master
    cause the bad hands are actually the good ones- atleast that's what the Russians think...

PokerOwned Veteran
    yep but to get there I need to have over 5K br and not near there yet

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    For the same reason you'd check the nuts. To try to get value on later streets.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Personally, I prefer betting no matter what. It gets me far much more value long run because it allows me to stay in the driver seat more often and induce raises from people with less than premium because they always think I'm bluffing. Which tends to allow me more information than check calling would.

PokerOwned God
    wow these threads never cease to amaze, think about it for a moment you know the answer, it's call playing poker

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    you've got to change it up once in a while.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    wow these threads never cease to amaze, think about it for a moment you know the answer, it's call playing poker
    Of course it's playing poker, I'm not saying it isn't poker. I'm just asking what happened to the theories that used to be written about in books, articles, etc. that said if you've got it, value-bet it. Don't slow-play your big hands because you're giving your opponents the right odds to call and draw out on you...those sorts of theories that almost everyone believed in. Now, since almost none of you believe in those older theories, I'm asking why. So, I'll ask you once again. Why do you do this? You're not mixing it up once in awhile, you do it that way almost every time. Is it working out for you?

i play my cards as i see them if i think they will be the nuts i'll bet the hell outta it.but when you got community cards that looks better than what you have you got to take note you may gert your ass beat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast