Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64157.08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think there is something strange about this. It happens to me sometimes while on the bubble. I get hand that I think is going to win and you several that put you all in. If you call u lose the hand, i hated when this happens

PokerOwned Pro
    it really boils down to whether or not cashing was essential to your bankroll - if this was your last money then your move was good -

Seasoned Veteran
    I never fold them pf. I can't win mtt's very often so i wanna get first to make up for the losses. if i bust i lose 1 buy in but if i trip or quadruple up i can win many more times the buy in. even if your still short stack still you have a much better chance of getting to the good money. I guess it has alot to do with the payout structure as well.

Here's the thing: if cashing the mtt is THAT critical to your bankroll you fold to preserve large stack, you don't belong in that mtt. If you are short stack and its that important to at least min cash you fold a possible double up with a premium hand, you don't belong in that mtt. Bankroll management come on... how much of roll was invested in that game to make you fear playing AA? My guess is you usually get close to almost bust usually by that time of tourney to be that tight.

I can see ONLY two reasons to fold AA pre, and neither have anything to do with bubble. 1. more than 2 opponents going with you to showdown AND loss would mean more then 65% loss of stack. Or 2. desperately need to fold for fixing bad image/molding a table image and are enough of a table or tourney CL to not be negatively affected by punting those chips.

In addition, The only thing bubble should influence is how you can take advantage of the players intimidated by it. If it negatively affects play due to fear of not cashing, again you shouldn't be in that mtt.

Quote Originally Posted by buonafide
    So I folded and watched the cards make a monster for one of the big stacks and felt great about my play.
    And if 2 aces flopped how would you have felt, just as relieved? All you're saying here is you got lucky that your rockets whiffed lol
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

i almost folded aa once, once. I knew i was going lose hand i told my bud watch i got aa and going to lose. well there was 4 players already all in and ya i called and ya i lost, it was a cheap sitngo but a valuable lesson learned.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

As ppker goes its not all about stats and such. Sometimes gut feelings are by far the best option.. No one can win a turny before final table(or bubble), so sacrificing your self by gambling 4way is not the best move. Yes you may have a very slight edge very slight, but is it worth risking your tunry life and a cash to try and win the turny right then? HELL NO!!! Only gamblers will tell you , you made a bad decision. Id rather have 10 cashes then one win. Now im not saying i dont want to win but i also know "in order to win it , you must be in it". The only place you can win it from is the final 2, you cant win a turny before that ever!!

Its a tough fold but you made the right play, to hell with the odds. Only a real player(not a gambler) can fold aces.. Even as the old OG player Brunson used to say "aces will win small pots and/or lose big ones".
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    u have to go All In, is the best Hand in preflop u wint most of times

I have leaned both ways with Aces. It seems that more times then not I will win with them. I really look at the table play before I decide if I am going to fold them or not. Every situation is different.

Experienced Member
    I can never bring myself to fold AA

PokerOwned Master
    I would never fold AA either unless the flop and turn are unreal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast