Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62790.39

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by YouWereDOA View Post
    Honestly I couldnt disagree more with that thought. It sounds like you are already trying to limit losses, scared money does not play well. Plus MTT has by far a larger variance than ring play any day of the week.
    true but why play cash games with only 5 dollar on this acct..i see small sng stakes at best..what do you suggest?

hire a poker coach and get serious
    "Heard you're looking for a stud. Well, I got the S-T-D. All I need is you. " - Rooster

Banned
    Yeah sorry, I thought you were starting at around $20-$25, not quite as low as you are. If thats your roll to start, and you have no access to PO tournaments to try and add to it I would say you will probably find the best 'odds' in the low buy-in SNG's but the multi table ones. The 18 and 27 SNG's for the $1.10 buy-in are pretty soft really. Maybe on the semi rare occasion if you can find a decent 2/4 limit table(one where players seeing the flop is less than 40%) maybe put a full buy-in there($.80) and look to pick up some hands.

Bottom line is this really, avoid all the goofy shit now that allows ticket buy-ins like the double ups, fast fifty, donkey quicky, and so on. Most of the people buying in on those seem to be nothing but a hazard to mental health and it just doesnt justify the time and money spent.

Figure out what your max draw down is for playing ring games and stick to it, and more importantly what is your exit price at profit? If you sit with an $.80 buy in and say, 'ok, I am going to leave when I make it to $1.25' then you really want to make sure you arent going to risk $.60 for your draw down.

I would also say once you hit $12-$15, find a solid 2/4 NL table and do a $2.40 buy-in based on the same principle as above. Gotta remember the beauty of ring play is, you have all day because those blinds arent going to get any bigger.

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    Don't play when tired or tilted and you will always do better! Easier said than done!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiseWinPotFold View Post
    Don't play when tired or tilted and you will always do better! Easier said than done!
    haha yeah, I havent even gotten into stuff like that but totally agree 99%. The 1% is, dont tilt plain and simple. You are in a world of odds, you WILL stack off fish, you WILL get called down on things that should really never be called on, its a fact of life. Laugh it off, make fun of them, move on to the next hand. Never let someone else change how you play.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Controlling your emotion and br management is huge. If you're a good player, sometimes you can tilt a little without knowing it. If you can control that, you'll be a winning player.

Seasoned Veteran
    hell when the emotion comes into play after a bad beat, etc, just click sit out and go make a sando, take a leak or make a drink, its a game, remember?

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    Only play when you really want to play.. Have to b disciplined

I play tight agressive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123