Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

The positive over the crap

I think the departure of BeeKnees is sad and I hope he reconsiders and comes back.

I also think all the crap that led to it will never stop. I admit Im guilty of negativity and crossing the line but I tend to believe I walk on the right side of road and that I engage those who deserve it. Its funny that half of my former enemies are now buds after spending more time in FRs and in the client. I think that since we are playing a game of war the bad sides come out and when we calm down we see that our opponents are not bad people. I think there are incredible people here who just want to play poker and enjoy the site. The really bads ones are in the small minority of it and just need to be ignored. These are the people at work or other places that hate the world and just want to bring everyone down around them. I think losing a member like Bees is a shame, but I respect his decision. I hope we dont lose any other great members to these aholes.

I think Zab has done an incredible job developing this site, community and business model. He gives so much I cant see how he makes a dime. He is on his site 7 days a week and takes care of business in an instant. He never complains or lashes out for the nonsense that takes place here. He is very patient and allows people to test the system before he tosses them. With multiaccounting so easy it really doesnt matter on banning cause a witty ahole will always find a way. The whole sneak thing is bullshit as its stealing from Zab and they are cheating our members who work hard to what ever way they get their points. It is what it is as there will always be dirt bags out there.

Anyway I think the positive aspects of this site outweigh the negative by a billion. I love this site and I hope it grows and Zab can make something of it for himself and his future.

Just dont let the aholes ruin it for u, they will destroy themselves.

P.S. I just noticed Im 75 cents from $200 won. Thanks for being the donks u all are!
    Last edited by marlydog1812; 08-28-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Amen Marly, Zab has an incredible site, and has done a fantastic job here. I am am member of a few forums but until I found this site thanks to Gefishy, there was really only one other one I frequented. I am glad to be a member of this community.
    I also agree the positives outweigh the negatives.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    What happened to Gefishy? Havent seen him in awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by marlydog1812 View Post
    What happened to Gefishy? Havent seen him in awhile....
    I am not sure, I have not seen him in a few weeks, some ppl get busy in the summer, maybe he just has alot of irl things going on...

Seasoned Veteran
    very well put Marlydog i have only been here for a short time. but there is more good people on here then bad. this site has so much to offer it is amazing. thank you all so much
    being some of the greatest people. thank you Zab for the great site you go above and beyond

Elite PokerOwned Member dipstick2's Avatar
    bravo to marly on a great post,zab is badace in my book has done a great jobin creating a unique forum,and yes is some darn good ppl here
    win if yu can but always play fair

Amen Marly, I too agree too that this site is awesome. As I am a member of several online poker forums, I came to this site in late May of 2011. Since then I have been on this site everyday and I will continue to be active and play the freerolls. I have not been as active on the other forums i am a member of becuase this site is better and i prefer to spend my time here instead. Hats off toZab, he is doing an incrediable job. I myself have thought about quitting becuase of some B*llsh*t that has happened, but I have been playing poker long enough to know that it is all part of the game. Therefore i tend to shake it off and registar for the next freeroll. This site has been great thus far, keep up the good work Zab and maybe we can find away to get rid of the IDIOTS one by one or as Marly said they will eventually destroy themselves.

Zab
    Thanks for the kind words, it doesn't go un-noticed.

With regards to the BS and scamming and everything. It's a work in progress.

When people started scamming in the marketplace, I put a feedback rating in place.
    When people like Cindy (And those before her) rubbed people the wrong way in chat, i gave them NUMEROUS warnings until I finally had to take their chat away for good.

I rely heavily on the mods because I cannot be here 24/7. I try not to rule with an IronFist, but at the end of the day you have to know you cannot please everyone all the time.

I will continue to make this site better.

Thanks
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I'm, also, a member of many forums. And by far this is the best around. I don't understand why people find it necessary to bad mouth other members or the site. Maybe their lives are so miserable they feel they need to try and make others feel the same way. I feel that Zab has been very tolerant of some of the less than adult behavior. I try not to interact with someone who's acting out. That's what they want, they are no different than a child throwing a temper tantrum, they want to be noticed and reacted to. I'd be willing to bet that no one has seen me bad mouth anyone after a bad beat. I may leave without saying good game, but I'd never try to berate someone's poker skills or play. With this next statement I'll show my age (LOL) We can't let a few bad apples spoil the barrel. People want us to react to their actions. Let the next reaction be Zab kicking their ass out the door. We have to weigh out, if keeping that one member is worth the damage and destruction they are doing to the morale of the other players and to the forum. Just my thoughts.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    Nice post Marley...
    ---------------------------------
    Throwing my 2 cents in the ring here. True that a troll can get around the system and there is no way of completely stopping them. I think the ban hammer needs to come out sooner for the greater good. That's not to say go on a rampage and hammer anybody that says something negative, we are all entitled to our opinions even the ones that are lame/retarded/donkish.

Trolls are pretty easy to spot IMO. Typically their post count are very low and or their negative and constant abusive BS stands out. Basically you need to publicly warn them, privately warn them, temporarily ban them once or twice, then drop the f'n ban hammer. That's more then enough warning ... probably too much. If they don't get it by then they are never gonna get it.

Can they create "alts"? ... yes. Repeat the ban process then rinse. This time less warning if you suspect its an alt.

Point is the banination bitch-slapping needs to happen sooner if you want people to enjoy themselves here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast