Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64809.9

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordcall View Post
    limping can be a key tool you can use in your over all strategy.
    What you are basically saying by limping is "I just want to see the flop cheaply and either hit or miss"
    With that said, you can reverse that like many pros do. The might limp with AA to show weakness.

Just a thought.

~SwordCall
    Find me a video where you see a pro limping with aa. I have never seen a pro limp with aa and have watched a lot of poker.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I think it's great to limp in PLO
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    This is the one video I could find on youtube that showed someone limping with aa and as you can see it did not turn out well for him. That means AA in action This is a stupid shit! Fukin 'poker game fold ever - YouTube

Credsfan is a good player. Listen up ppl!
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    you can try, but my pots always get a raise

Seasoned Veteran
    Limping with AA is never good but in a micro shove fest it works wonders. If every other hand somebody is jamming with 10 5 off, obviously it's a good play. I also think it's ok to limp in early position with suited connectors or a low PP, especially in the game formats of todays crappy online poker world. There is virtually no room for error in 50% of the games because of tubro blinds, starting stacks etc. It's worth it to limp 22 early to me, rather then raising. If you raise, Are you going to call a reraise for a third of your stack to hope to hit a 2? With the 76 suited 33 etc in early position it is fine to limp. If the game you're in has a nice starting stack or blind structure or you chip up well in the game you should always raise any hand you play. I'm not sure if you're talking about cheap online games or what. If youre talking $1 buy ins or $100 buy ins it makes a huge difference too.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    One of the times I somewhat question this is when I'm playing, say, FUNSTEP1 or the $50 freeroll or something equally loose. The purpose of raising is to buy yourself position, build the pot size when you have a good hand, etc.

BUT. When the guy next to you is going to call you down regardless of your bet size, what have you accomplished with your raise? There are still 4 other callers, you're still in bad position. There's a big pot, but there's no way your high PP is going to hold up against 4 maniacs. A limp or min raise would have accomplished exactly the same thing while not exposing yourself to as much risk.

I guess the real way to answer the question is...what are you trying to accomplish with your limp? If you can come up with a cogent explanation, maybe it's not a bad play. If you're really having to think that hard about whether or not it's a good play, you should prob just fold, tho.
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    its always ok to limp, nomatter what to cards you hold, that's how u trap players

PokerOwned God
    limp If yo uwant. players will say at the tables, oh u will not limp while I am here or some bullshit. well, that is when u play your limps smart and fuck the shit out of them for talking smack to ya give ya somef uckng respect fucking cutns. fuck you and your rules settings, there are no rules mother fucker, tell me I cant limp fuck you. get the fuck outta here bish.

Seasoned Veteran
    i love to limp strong pocket pairs or suited face cards when there is a really loose player to my left so i can reraise him. I always raise on AA tho. I also see no problem with limping if you are in good position with decent cards, especially if they are suited

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast