Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight-Lieutenant

another question, the gay flop

this was a similiar situation that happened to me, and i think i played it bad, what should i have done?

middle position raises 3x
    i three bet 9x with pocket 4
    ( i just do this because pre flop i like to take control of the action if im going to play,)
    he calls
    all other guys fold
    flop
    jj6

guy checks

here i figured i was ahead, and i didn't really see any value in cbetting here, as he will only call me with a better hand, and hes not folding any stronger hands. However, i dont want to appear weak either and have him steal the turn. So, maybe if i bet really small, he will spazz with ace high or something and i can call do to weak board...

i bet just 4.5x

(this is like 1/10th of the pot size)

guy raises 40 x (half his stack)

then i was actually kind of scared, and i thought i should fold, but i had a plan, and i wanted to follow through, besides, this looks like a bluff spazz right?

i go all in for 40x more and he calls turning aces

i feel like a complete freaking idiot and lose the pot

WAS I REALLY SLOWPLAYING AN UNDERPAIR?

this play seems really bad to me, what should i have done to avoid catastrophe like this?

See, i thought i had the best hand, and so i figured the only way to get value was inducing a bluff, because i figured i could possibly beat a bluff, but unfortunately i just look like an idiot donk face
    play poker client 1/2 with me

Banned
    I sometimes can read great, and at these times I play like I can see your cards. I am usually dead on about hitting and missing flops and whatnot, not always, but when i do I do good. I do the same play at times...sadly sometimes my reads forget about the pocket pair, I know he missed, and I go for it and once in a while that happens too. You could've just folded to the initial raise, but I get why you played. After the flop, your read sounded legit, you felt he aired the board, and he did, you could have just let it go and pick a better spot, but your gut speaks, you have to listen. All you could have done was fold, fold or flat call than see a worst card hit the turn. I think you played it right except for the results, sometimes you lose, it happens.

Fish
    I agree with billy you should just fold, i don't like a flat here though, he'd just push on the turn most of the time and you'd be in the worse/same position with no more info than you have and with less $$$$. The only way i can see you not even getting into this situation is to just flat or fold preflop. 3betting with small pairs are just gonna get you in some bad positions, like if he 4bets it preflop.. what're you gonna do? fold. I think the 3bet with 4's got you in the situation.
    Last edited by minnymac; 02-06-2012 at 04:04 AM.

PokerOwned God
    I wouldn´t have 3bettet preflop with pocket 4s...

yeah i dont like the raise with small pairs anything that hits can beat you. Limp them small pairs so its easy to get away from, if ya hit then get all the value u can but raising with small pairs only leads to trouble
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    The 3bet just gets you into trouble and bloats the pot. If you're comfortable stacking off with 44 on that board its probably a leak. All in all you over played your hand and over thought it too

Private
    As others are saying the 3bet was the first trip up and got you over invested in the hand

Banned
    yeap it's crazzy doesn't matter what you play there are donks out there

PokerOwned God
    You had a plan and implemented it, nothing wrong with that. Just had a good plan at the wrong time, it happens to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by b112895 View Post
    this was a similiar situation that happened to me, and i think i played it bad, what should i have done?

middle position raises 3x
    i three bet 9x with pocket 4
    ( i just do this because pre flop i like to take control of the action if im going to play,)
    he calls
    all other guys fold
    flop
    jj6

guy checks

here i figured i was ahead, and i didn't really see any value in cbetting here, as he will only call me with a better hand, and hes not folding any stronger hands. However, i dont want to appear weak either and have him steal the turn. So, maybe if i bet really small, he will spazz with ace high or something and i can call do to weak board...

i bet just 4.5x

(this is like 1/10th of the pot size)

guy raises 40 x (half his stack)

then i was actually kind of scared, and i thought i should fold, but i had a plan, and i wanted to follow through, besides, this looks like a bluff spazz right?

i go all in for 40x more and he calls turning aces

i feel like a complete freaking idiot and lose the pot

WAS I REALLY SLOWPLAYING AN UNDERPAIR?

this play seems really bad to me, what should i have done to avoid catastrophe like this?

See, i thought i had the best hand, and so i figured the only way to get value was inducing a bluff, because i figured i could possibly beat a bluff, but unfortunately i just look like an idiot donk face
    I very rarely play pocket 4's unless I have a big stack and up against a small stack no matter what position I am in at a table.
    If you had the feeling you were dominated, yes you should have folded and regrouped. I do understand why you still hung in there, because I am one who also just needs to see because in my head I wasn't going anywhere.
    It's tough to fold sometimes even when we know we are probably beat

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast