Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64708.34

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donk

Donk has become such a great poker term that oftentimes poker-skilled players will refer to unpredictable strategy as donkbetting

PokerOwned Pro
    I always thought a donk was when someone chased the river card and it eventually hit. I don't think its bad because I like to donk sometimes

ps. I have major gas right meow.

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    Again, the true definition of "donk" is a literal calling station. Recently, it has been used to describe a player as bad in general.

Seasoned Veteran
    everyone is a donk sometimes. even when i see the pros play on tv they do stupid stuff. there's no perfect player, so i don't care if ppl think i'm a donk. so what.

Seasoned Veteran
    look up TILTEMKID on BCP/ACR... huge DONK

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astub1975 View Post
    Again, the true definition of "donk" is a literal calling station. Recently, it has been used to describe a player as bad in general.
    Recently, it has been used to describe the person that just beat you. I've been called a donk so many times I should probably believe it. Most recently, I limped with 9 10 and flopped top two against A 10 who didn't raise ever. After the flop I bet it all the way down to his call each time. At the showdown, "Nice catch Donkey". I'd wager good money most of us have been called a donkey by some sore loser more than a few times.

I used to try to explain pot odds, implied odds, strategies such as aggression and controlling the betting, and mathematical reasoning (sometimes odds are Q high is good, and I'm not sorry you couldn't push me out with your rags). Sometimes, though probably all for naught, I still do. Still, the best approach is to probably to just ignore them. Or, if you feel like it will give you an advantage rag them about there loss, but that can be a dangerous game. You may get them "all systems go, fire at will" set against you. And while that can be a good thing, variance can be a bitch. Also, you never know who else at the table may not like it and turn there sights on you.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albundy View Post
    , people need to be original and come up with something different.
    I agree "Al Bundy".....heh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12