Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight-Captain

Does Taking Notes Really Help?

I have been playing online 4 years & i take notes on players on a regular basis. Only thing is, i hardly ever get 2 use those notes cuz i never seem 2 run n2 that player again. has taking notes helped any of u? if so, do u usually play on the same tables or same tournies all the time?

Corporal
    I dont really take notes but I think it's more useful at the latter stages of a tournament. Say when there's a few tables left and you're in the money it may be very crucial to have these notes when it comes to making a decision if you get stuck in a pot with them. The early stages are mostly just fish shoving all in and betting outrageously and you will be moved to other tables constantly so it's pretty pointless at the beginning. More handy in the deep stages of an MTT or just a simple sit and go.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I usually take notes on the players, but I play a lot of double or nothing sit'gos so for me it's very helpful since about 50% of the players on the table I already played with it.

PokerOwned Pro
    ive oftern wondered about this myself
    what acevipa says makes sents
    do you wipe the notes after that tournament
    or hold on to them just in cace you run into the same players at a later date

Banned
    yes but it is important to update your notes often because peoples styles tend to change overtime

To become a better player you need to take notes all the time, past hands, your opponents and so on.
    That's the most important to improved yourself.
    Note what you did wrong and correct.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Knight
    i take notes on other players all the every chance i get, guess what? 98% of them have 1 word on them -idiot. i sometimes write super idiot. it has helped quite a few times. i always look at the country they r from, i need not say what countries , because u will quickly figure it out if u dont already know. i also write things like aggresive bluffer, bets pot every time in oh, good player, tricky, raises pre flop on an ace-anything, slow plays pocket aces( which can readily backfire), and the list goes on and on.

Knight
    i dont think so i just usually play by what i feel is right but remember what other players do and learning does help. not only can it help your game it can help you learn how others play in a sit n go ring game and what not

PokerOwned God
    I use my notes all the time ... haha on the one word notes "idiot" ... I use "tard" but I do tend to write a little more than that. Something like. "Raises any ace tard"

Corporal
    think i will start using notes again. my problem is that when i play online poker im always multitasking so i cant always focus 100% of my attention onto whats happening so its good to have notes in order to put someone on a hand i suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast