Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66130.36

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discipline

PokerOwned Pro
    the discipline are very good always... thanks for the comment.

Experienced Member
    I share your sentiment. I often find myself scrambling to recover after a bone headed decision. I try not to blame anyone other than myself when things take a downward turn. Sometimes it's best to take a breather and learn rather than tilt.

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Remember what I told you Gino. 99% fail. Where do you want to be with poker in 5 years. BRM is the main ingredient to where you want to be in the future. Some words of wisdom.

1. One of the biggest mistakes I see inexperienced no-limit players make is that they are far too willing to play one pair hands for stacks. If you are thinking of playing for stacks, consider how many worse hands versus better hands will play with you.

2. A cooler for the player you are today may be a hero fold for the better player you will be in the future, and the sooner you recognize it, the sooner you will be that better player.

3. Poker is absolutely not about making big hands and collecting the jackpot, and if you keep looking at it that way you simply won’t get better. This thought process likens poker to a slot machine mindset. To many players look at poker this way.

4. You win at poker by examining how other players are putting money into pots. Then you look for the scenarios where your opponents will put money into pots that you can most easily, one way or the other, end up winning.

Poker isn’t a slot machine. If your poker brain is constantly stuck thinking along the lines of, “Let’s make a big hand and get paid. How much can I call, and what are my odds?” you aren’t going to perform well over the long-term.

Instead, think like a poker player. Look at what your opponents are doing and find situations where they put money in the pot without perhaps the most airtight reason to do so. Then think about, under what conditions, you could get at this money. The questions you ask about poker should pertain specifically to how best to get this money.

There is no pay table in this game, and hitting that jackpot hand may net you next to nothing. But if you learn to ask yourself the right questions, you can win big without ever hitting that elusive royal flush.

This can be tough for some especially if results don't turn out the way they want or expect. But if someone asks you should they bet big enough so someone with a flush draw doesn't outdraw them. The answer is no!!! You don’t want him to fold. You want him to raise his flush draw.” And that’s the key to no-limit hold’em. Its about extraction.

Your results in any one session are pure noise. There is no information there. Being even for the day is no magic number. It does not matter whether you quit for the day below even or above even. It does not matter how much you’ve lost from your peak stack of the day. Just because you’ve gotten half your loss on the day back does not mean anything about whether you should keep playing or not keep playing.

It’s all completely meaningless. Completely.

It’s also counter-productive to think about, because these thoughts tend to alter how people play. That number is noise and doesn’t indicate anything about how well or poorly you played.

Start taking one hand a day home with you so to speak, and analyze it top to bottom, what you did and did not do correctly, what could you have done better ect ect. Make a routine of this alone and you will get better.

But most of all , above all things poker, bankroll management. GL This kind of stuff separates the winners from the losers. NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT TO START. Good Luck Gino.

Also stop comparing yourself to others will be a huge help.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Very good read and tips. Props to johnnydeepstack. Reading this made me remember few things i forgot

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscinFrog View Post
    Very good read and tips. Props to johnnydeepstack. Reading this made me remember few things i forgot
    Tks

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

PokerOwned Veteran
    To the op:

I know what you're going through. I myself and trying to establish better rules for myself as far as BR management goes and when to leave a table. I've raise by BR from $0 or min deposit on BCP to $200 or more like 4 times in the past month and a half and I do something way over my bankroll threshold to lose it. I don't have any guidelines for you but I hope you like me finds a way to get a grip on it and make our BR's last longer, if not FOREVER!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Damn JohnnyDeepStacks,thanks for the read. Great tips!!!

Experienced Member
    I just bet off my whole bankoll today. I got it in with the best of it, but I lost nonetheless. I really have been doing good with stayin at the low stakes, it just that sometimes I go and do things off of a whim. That's where discipline needs to come in. The big gams will always be there, so it's best to just to wait til you have the right bankroll.

I want thank everyone for sharing. I really like the posts that I read it really helps to hear the story's from others.

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    oh shit i thought this was a GD thread talking about Discipling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast