Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar

common mistakes i see alot of...

I dont claim to be any kind of great player, but this forum is supposed to be about helping others, so i figured i would make a thread with some common mistakes i see people doing quiet frequently...

Shoving all into a pot worth 90 chips and you have over 2k chips and its still in the first level of blinds...
    Re-raising on the river without the nuts...
    Betting when you should be checking...
    checking when you should be betting... seems like people play ass backwards now days...
    chasing straights with possible flush on board
    chasing flushes with a pair on board
    raising out of position pre-flop (in the blinds) with what i consider weak hands...
    betting to get people to fold instead of betting to get people to call...

im sure there are alot more, but im just hoping maybe atleast 1 personn will read this maybe fix a hole or two in their game...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Whats wrong with Re-raising on the river without the nuts? If I know I have a better hand then my opponent on the river, I may Re raise to get more then what I could get? You don't have to have the nuts on the river to raise!! Play your opponent not your cards all the time and you all might get better IMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytodd28 View Post
    Whats wrong with Re-raising on the river without the nuts? If I know I have a better hand then my opponent on the river, I may Re raise to get more then what I could get? You don't have to have the nuts on the river to raise!! Play your opponent not your cards all the time and you all might get better IMO!!
    ^^^
    this and tbh u giving out advice is kinda laughable tbf
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    ^^^
    sorry just thought this community needed a little more positive posts to help then to put down and shame

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    ^^^
    I agree 100% with you Jay thats the difference between the next level players and the want to be's...

Banned
    agreed with jaytodd u don't have to have the nuts to bet on river in any buyin of tourney. It helps but u play ur opponent and not ur cards...

Quote Originally Posted by ryangray420 View Post
    agreed with jaytodd u don't have to have the nuts to bet on river in any buyin of tourney. It helps but u play ur opponent and not ur cards...
    I didnt say you had to have the nuts to bet on the river... maybe re-read??? but im not gonna sit around and defend this post all day with people who dont want the advice dont take it ...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    You dont specifically say you cant raise on the river without the nuts, but your insinuating that it is a bad thing to do when its not bad, all depends on the hand played and the opponent your up against is all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytodd28 View Post
    You dont specifically say you cant raise on the river without the nuts, but your insinuating that it is a bad thing to do when its not bad, all depends on the hand played and the opponent your up against is all!!
    these were some vvery very broad and general guidlines i felt could help some of the newer players out that is all

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Hey im not knocking you at all for what you have said, I was just putting my opinion on 1 of the comments you had posted thats all!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast