Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63946.66

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat turned off

Chat turned off

I was wondering how many of you players have your chat boxes turned off during tournament play? I have recently started doing this and only having my stats and info box up and seem to get further in tourney's. I am going to continue doing this just as a test to see whether it is helping me by having it off or if I am just having a lucky spert. I would like to know if this has helped other by doing this or it doesn't matter to others either way.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

I play more cash but keep the chat on and don't really pay attention to it unless I see someone spouting off. I think you can gain informaton. The player calling everyone at the table a donk, is usually the one that is going to pay you. If you see too people tilting back and forth, usually they are so focused on each other you can sneak into the pot with a monster and take both their chips.
    Nothing said to me in chat tilts me, except if someone sucks out on me when all in and then says Thank you. That does piss me off if I was ahead when the stacks went in.

Hmmmmm.... that's interesting but I've kind of noticed it also. I will try it too. I think it keeps me more focused. Let me know how it goes for you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Pooffyfooffy View Post
    I play more cash but keep the chat on and don't really pay attention to it unless I see someone spouting off. I think you can gain informaton. The player calling everyone at the table a donk, is usually the one that is going to pay you. If you see too people tilting back and forth, usually they are so focused on each other you can sneak into the pot with a monster and take both their chips.
    Nothing said to me in chat tilts me, except if someone sucks out on me when all in and then says Thank you. That does piss me off if I was ahead when the stacks went in.
    ohhhh yeah if at a cash table it is ON for sure, the talkative baffoon is paying and increasing my BR a lot of times

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I agree. Im a yapper and when I shut the chat off I tend to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by marlydog1812 View Post
    I agree. Im a yapper and when I shut the chat off I tend to do better.
    LOL a yapping dog!!!

Sometimes i use my left hand to move the mouse and click whatever action i want. I seem to go further in tournies playing left handed than i do right handed.

I can focus on my games on the same time as chatting, but also depending how many table I am multi table too, if I am multi table a lot I won't chat at all
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Master
    I find it helpful to leave chat on, but rarely say anything. Just like live alot of times you can find out alot about a player by how they act.

I leave it on,,,, but doesn't mean I'm always paying attention....
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast