Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64222.38

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Private

is poker "gambling"?

This is something i ponder. I am a christain, and many people view playing poker for money is against christian believeifs. Because poker is considered gambling. Now, I have done a little bit of research to see what gambling really is and came across this blog.

I enjoyed reading it and Can agree with most of what is being said, however it does not answer strait "yes" or "no" if poker is gambling or not, but gives some good info about what gambling is.

Check it out and i would like to hear some feed back

Is Poker Gambling? - Poker Psychology and Strategy

and from what the article was saying, many things can be considered gambling

Zab
    Poker is gambling :|

Its more skill than luck but its gambling
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Corporal
    Yes poker is gambling and it is up to the person to control that. Anything that you bet money on to win money is gambling

deletetest3
    If it wasn't gambling, you wouldn't be able to lose your money. Be definition it is most certainly gambling.

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    I think its a lot gambling.
    Tht Luck Faktor is very High in this Game.
    You can beat every Hand with yours or yours can be beaten by every Hand.
    No gambling?
    I think yes.

It is most definately gambling, but it has many factors that you can use to make your chances of winning alot higher.

^^ Diablo 2 thing.. I spent many years of my life pissing off people on hardcore.^^

PokerOwned Veteran
    Any game when money is fronted and variance plays a factor into winning then technically speaking, yes it is gambling. I think it all depends on a persons mind set. ask me and I say It's a good ol' fashioned SPORT!

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    This seems to be an ongoing debate, but I too believe it is of the individual mindset. It's amazing just how many things in life you can apply the definition of 'gambling'. And since I do partake in 'gambling' I do know my limits.

gam?ble (gmbl)
    v. gam?bled, gam?bling, gam?bles
    v.intr.
    a. To bet on an uncertain outcome, as of a contest.
    b. To play a game of chance for stakes.
    2. To take a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or a benefit.
    3. To engage in reckless or hazardous behavior: You are gambling with your health by continuing to smoke.

Poker is a complete game of chance,just like the lottery,if you are playing on the Merge network!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    It definetely is gambling but its a skill game. Maybe if you're on Merge lol, but thats different. When you put up money in hope to win more money, its gambling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast