Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned God

everyone is a donk sometimes, it';s funny how so many use the term so loosely

i see so many people calling people donks, but then a few hands later they will donk someone but it's ok by their poker logic..i say everybody play donk hands sometimes due to the range of hands, you can't sit there and wait for pockets or a/k all the time, you have to mix it up..the best players are the ones who keep you guessing on what they have.. online is a donk fill place, so much more than live, but its part of the game, stay focus on taking these players out..gl

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i am one of the biggest donks out there.. according to people like you..

only diffrence i see.. is those who can afford, and those who cant.. use ur head..

Elite PokerOwned Member
    for sure sometimes nearly everybody plays a donkish hand I guess

This is true, the only difference is how people react,,,some making profane remarks and some who know it's the nature of the beast,,,and just keep on playing without acting like a child,,, jusy my thoughts
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

A common thought is that someone calls someone a donk and then wins a pot with a similiar hand. This is wrong because people dont look at the action of the hand. A big difference between someone calling a raise while in the BB then in any other position as most of the time the pot odds to call are very good. If you look at a tournament your playing how many times do you see people calling raises with the likes of 10 3 just because its suited, or any Ace just because it is an ace. This play isnt really good and would be considered donkish.

I even had a debate with someone in the chat one day when they told me sometimes they call raises with 6 2 offsuit. And the reasoning behind this was because you could flop a full house. This is my thought on what donks are. They dont pay attention to the game. They just look at their hand and think they can get lucky. Like when you have a premium hand. A few people limp you raise big. Someone calls and when you shove on the flop they call with a gutshot hold 85 offsuit.

Sure i have called people donks before. Have i ever given a bad beat, sure i have but it wasnt through donk play. If you flop 2 pair and get it all in vs a set and river a full house it isnt really a donk play but was a beat. But if someone shoves and you call with no pair and just a gutshot. That is a donk play.

Usually it is the donks that dont understand when they get a bad beat that it is pretty standard. So while i somewhat agree that people have double standards when it comes to donk play, alot of people cant see that the person who supposedly donked them had every right to be in the pot and more so than bad play it was just a bad beat.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    This is true, the only difference is how people react,,,some making profane remarks and some who know it's the nature of the beast,,,and just keep on playing without acting like a child,,, jusy my thoughts
    This is true, I have witnessed on another site where you can find people and chat in their tournament, players chasing down another player after getting knocked out and just being plain childish.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    Yeah, I am also guilty of making donk moves sometimes, lol

PokerOwned Veteren
    You tell me about someone who says they arent a donk sometimes and i show you a liar! but calling people donks is a good way to get off tilt i found. lol

lamebrain was mad at me becuase I call him a donk, what's wrong with call him a donk?
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Private
    Goodluck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast