Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

going Busto Sucks !!!

My name is sickreadtwenty3 on carbon and I tuned $50 into $750 in less than 72 hours before going busto. FML. I have to wait a few days before I can deposit. Just goes 2 show that no matter how good you are, or think you are, mtts are varience nightmares and you need to be properly rolled. I had the idea that if I could get up to 2-3k BR, I would be able to grind out a nice monthly profit. When I deposit again here in a few days I will be out for some blood. Sucks balls, but even the greats like Isildur, dwan, and many others have busted as well. Will be on the forum here still though. Nietzsche says. " what doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Well prepare yourselves for the return of the sickreadtwenty3 beast in a few days.

Awww I'm sorry sickread. I hope it gets better for you next time.

PokerOwned God
    Bankroll Management ...

When you score a nice win don't double down and play games beyond your roll. Move up gradually.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    tom dwan started from freerolls and used great bankroll management, same as annette_15.. different types of players cash/tournament but still manged their bankrolls well.. a 72 hour busto from $750 built from $50 must feel sick i done similar early on when i started

yea i turned 60 into 550 in a few days lost it all....shit happens....just reloaded so see what that does, merge can be brutal at times

Survey Master
    brutal. i turned 1$ into 900$ on full tilt a couple years back n lost it on an 8/16 limit table in 3 hours. been there man

Same here. It's exciting to move to higher stakes, but many times that is the wrong way to go. Unfortunately I make this mistake all the time. But I am getting better at BRM.

Seasoned Veteran
    Wrong. Tom Dwan deposited 50$ and claimed to never look back. not from freerolls.

I just dont understand how you could go from 500 or 750 to busto in less then 72 hours. You got there by gambling way beyond your means in the first place so why would it be a shocker you lost it same way you got it!! All you lag players just dont get it do ya?.. Ya just dont know when to fucking quit the reckless style. And you think your good that your able to build it like that. You are not poker players you are gamblers, if you were a poker player for 1. no way you could have built that roll that quick( without a nice mtt win) and 2. NO WAY IN HELL could you have lost it that quick!!! But im sure this will fall on deaf ears since you didnt care enough for your money to take care of it.. Just keep going for the "golden rings", and you'll stay a degen gambler.. The only way you will EVER be a poker player is to learn thats its a slow grind. BRM, BRM, BRM.. You not supposed to even put 10% of your roll at stake in anything ,especially when you have it up to 500 or better.. Will any of you ever learn , i suspect not since ALOT of you have a gamblers mentality instead of a poker players mentality. Worst part is this isnt something you need to be reminded of, you know in the back of your head whether your doing it right or not but a degen will stay a degen until they decide to do shit right and play within your means instead of jumping up in levels thinking your going to get a bigger score...
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

i think he's right

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast