Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62550.92

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I see alot of people doing bankroll challenges now a days. If you do make your goals just make sure you payed attention to how you earned it. By playing your best game every time out win or lose....
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

good luck to you too, burnt : O

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SendCookies View Post
    Great idea. One suggestion skip the double ups on merge. Go from fast fifties to $2 bounties when u gat to $50 plus. IMO. Gl
    i agree with cookies, the double ups aren't worth it on carbon...i would do fast fiftys then $2 bounties....

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntBud View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! I played the Double or Nothing on merge for a little while but the rake and the style of play just didn't really suit me. I enjoy the fast fifties but the rake is essentially double the Dollar Dazzlers rake so I play a few of each usually. Just stumbled across poker.org(don't know if i am allowed to mention another site) $250 freerolls that I am planning on playing in this weekend which could offer a significant boost. I havn't played many bounty tournaments before so I may have to do a little bit of studying before I get into them. Any tips or tricks?
    yes, i think crp is starting another po team, so you can join his team...we already have one team set up...i would talk to crp the freerolls are def. worth it...

PokerOwned God
    GL to you with building up a roll from Zero...

Donkey
    Current Bankroll: $3.03

So the first down swing in this challenge has been an interesting one and can once again be traced to my lax bankroll management. As you may see it appears I have only lost roughly $3, but I have had quite a few swings in between. Following my progress to $6 I played a three Dollar Dazzlers and managed to only take down 3rd in one of them putting me at $5. I then got the bright idea to play in a couple $1 Turbo MTTs on the hopes of binking an easy pickup. Well I crashed out of each of these around the middle stages making some pretty dumb bluffs in an attempt to pickup blinds.

Following these attempts I was sitting around $3 and got the bright idea to try some $2 HU matches. Why you may ask? Because I am a moron and the gamblers itch tends to overwhelm my sense of bankroll management. But anyways I miraculously end up winning three in a row, but then proceed to spew losing two in a row thinking trying to continue my heater. This left my roll at roughly $9, which isn’t bad considering I started at $0.00. My biggest problem though once again reared its ugly head this morning when I thought to myself “I’m feeling lucky” and proceeded to register for the $4.40 $3,000 Rebuy.

As soon as I registered I knew it was a major mistake as I have never performed well in rebuy tournaments as it is; but luck would have it I managed to double up early several times with pocket Aces. After two hours I am sitting around 16th place out of a remaining 109. On the button I pick up pocket Jacks and raise 4x the blind, the big blind proceeds to re-raise 3x my bet. This player had been stealing blinds pretty consistently so I put him on A rag or maybe even a lower range pocket pair. So I end up shoving and low and behold the guy is holding pocket Aces. Looking back this was a retarded shove on my part because of the possibilities, but I figured to trust my initial read.

Thus far the challenge as further magnified my major leak of improper bankroll management which I hope to get a reign on soon. Hopefully I will pickup some run good and continue onward with this challenge. Sickest beat so far was picking up pocket Kings in the 10pm PO tourney last night with 11 players remaining only to get bounced out by Pocket Aces.
    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

Banned
    sounds like an fun ride. building from zero is awesome. I've done and am doing it, feels good when you get in triple digits.

Banned
    so have you watched jesus ferguson trying this.. I watched the hole thing on fulltilt... it took him 9 months to get to 10k and he had swings up and down.. but some real good rules... I'm going to try and find it and rewatch it... good luck man...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i still dont know how to play bankroll on carbon poker.

Donkey
    Current Bankroll: $10.23

What a ride, what a ride. Last update I was down 50% from my highs and things pretty much continued on their downward spiral. I played in a couple $0.60 SNG’s and managed to get sucked out in one and just tilted out of the second. My struggles continued as I attempted to regain my losses on the cash tables, sadly my luck/ability continued to suck and I donked off the last $1.50 of my bankroll. Leaving me back at square one of this challenge.

Fast forward to today where there were plenty of opportunities to expand my bankroll between the four PokerOwned tournaments as well as the $250 Winter League freeroll. Going into the Winter free roll I felt pretty focused and had an eye on taking down the $75 1st Place. I managed to get close but ended up getting knocked out in 7th after shoving with Q7 dd due to increasing blinds. Cashing in this tournament was no small feat and there were several key moments. The first being early in the tournament when I managed a double up to 4,000 chips with 10 10 against AJ with the board running out without an A or J. The second big moment was when I managed to lay down JJ on a flop of K25 when villain shoves post flop. I didn’t put him on a K but still folded and turned out villain had AA. Talk about dodging a bullet. During the later stages of the tournament I was sitting around 20th place out of 60 or 70 and managed to pick up AA TWICE in a row, doubling up the second time. Hopefully my rungood can allow me to cash again in tomorrow’s Winter free roll. I will also continue my PokerOwned grind with the later free rolls. Good luck to everyone.
    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast