Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65399.95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Break Time from poker for A week or two....

Well it's time to take a break from poker for about a week or two... I am stuck at a place where I know I can play poker well and win money, but I know there is more to the game than just hitting the tables all the time and not analyzing game play. I will put videos together of some of the hands that I have played for the last month or so, and I would like feedback of what I should do differently to improve on gaining more chips in tourneys, more cash in ring games, or improve on saving chips in tourneys or cash in ring games. Also, I will be studying on the mental game and how it has been affecting my game play. Ego can get in the way and I feel that is my biggest issue in the mental game of poker, because I feel like I have to prove something to someone. I want to become a great poker player and a winning player in the long term, and with help from fellow players it can be done. Thank you and good luck on the felt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I read the title and already know the rest, this is a downswing. Take a break and come back refreshed. All poker players have these

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Seasoned Veteran
    . I will put videos together of some of the hands that I have played for the last month or so, and I would like feedback of what I should do differently to improve on gaining more chips in tourneys, more cash in ring games, or improve on saving chips in tour

Seasoned Veteran
    You should go for a hike; wake up feeling refreshed; open your eyes and learn what's best.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Just practice. Any game can be mastered this way. After reading quite a bit of strategy online I've realized half of it is complete bollocks, and the other half are just incomplete strategies that are usually not optimal.

A complete strategy takes into consideration everything that the player does, and all of the information the players are giving away at the table. A move that might work for one person, might not work for another one. Granted, it might help to look up a few percentages whenever you have a certain question, such as how many times I will complete my flush draw and stuff like that.

This is important because when you start to realize that your opponent will miss the flop with two unpaired cards 66%, or an A, Q, or K will hit the board 50% of the time, you can start to use this information to your advantage.

but like I said, take other peoples "strategies" with a grain of salt.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

jgad115
    ive beeb thinking the same thing personally.... bcause I cant win a coinflip late in a MTT to save my life rite now

That ego is a big part of it, and it's hard to break away from. Especially when you have a big-stack bully near a bubble - but you just have to stay firm and play good poker. But, yeah, a break is probably a good thing to get your head straight. Beats a couple of days in the box.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Ego does play a vary big factor in success in poker. There has been so many times that I have blown my whole stack after taking a bad beat all because i couldnt control my emotions.

PokerOwned Veteran
    the key is taking this break before you blow a whole lot of moeny in get yourself into a bad situation which I have done so many times since playing poker.

I just want to thank everyone for all the great feedback. I know I said I was going to post hands, but that is going to have to wait. Good luck to everyone on the felt and Get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast