Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blind Stealing

Blind Stealing

Any tips for when it appropriate to steal blinds (and antes) in PO tournaments?

I mean obviously in the later stages the blinds have a lot of weight, but I also don't want to be called if I have to flip for my tournament or whatever if I don't need to and seeing flops becomes ugly. When I'm unsure, I usually just fold, but I play too nitty late and usually fold away my stack as it is.

You dont have to push(like ALOT of po players do) to steal blinds, sometimes a dbl blind is enough sometimes 4xbb, just have to pay attention and know ur opponents LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    steal the blinds is good but you have to do it carefully!

Experienced Member
    i love to steal blinds, but it sometime lead to out of the tournament.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vivekkumar View Post
    i love to steal blinds, but it sometime lead to out of the tournament.
    Stealing blinds one thing but being a dumb ass pushing all in putting tourney life online for it is retarded. but then again..I do love taking donkeys chips..

Experienced Member
    u should manipulate the player first

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Any tips for when it appropriate to steal blinds (and antes) in PO tournaments?

I mean obviously in the later stages the blinds have a lot of weight, but I also don't want to be called if I have to flip for my tournament or whatever if I don't need to and seeing flops becomes ugly. When I'm unsure, I usually just fold, but I play too nitty late and usually fold away my stack as it is.
    All about the table, players and reads you have on them.. If in a tourney.. ask yourself.. what do I have to do to get this blind? Is it worth it? Do I really Need the chips? Will this player actually fold if I raise? Are there antes involved? how many more blinds do I have? What position are you in? Will you have to act first after the flop if called? What will I do after the flop if I miss? Can I outplay this person or is he a calling station? Have I seen this players cards at least 1 time to know if hes a Gibraltar ( person who only plays top prime hands. AA KK AK maybe QQ) or not? Is this player tight or lose? Has he been winning a lot in the past 30 min? Is the pot worth trying to steal? What kind of table image to I have? Loose? Tight? Of course having a tight image works much better for steals deep in games with higher blinds/antes. Do I have outs if I shove and Blinds have AA and KK? Meaning can I get a str8 and Flush? Or just a flush? Does it have to be a 4 card flush or 3 card? Same with str8. I may just think how many possibilities do I have if I am called? and Will this criple me if he/she/it does call and hits? Am I going to have to fire all 3 barrels? How much can I bet knowing I will probably miss? Is my table image appropriate for trying to steal blinds at this time/lvl of the game? How many times have I tried to steal already? This is some of the things I think of when attempting to steal. Of course there are many more things to think about but this will at least make u think for a sec before you try stealing blinds to try and judge if this is a moment that you can steal them.
    Last edited by Bonghead; 05-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vivekkumar View Post
    u should manipulate the player first
    And how do u manipulate the player first?

PokerOwned Pro
    Well here lately if i have a somewhat decent hand and i feel it's a steal i will come back over the top bc ive gotten crazier lmao

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    You dont have to push(like ALOT of po players do) to steal blinds, sometimes a dbl blind is enough sometimes 4xbb, just have to pay attention and know ur opponents LOL
    Yea the read you have on your players is more important then.. I am in the button im gonna push to steal.. What I do not get is why so many newbs try to steal blinds at 10/20 or 15/30 etc.. what is the point? You shove for 40 chips trying to steal? In my opinion you should probably not be in blind stealing mods this early. I can see stealing pots or trying to out play people but I mean at this point, I would fold AJ suited vs an all in shove on BB when most will not hesitate. I have also folded AK un suited in this position. All depends on the players and your reads like abwil2 said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast