Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61249.24

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blind Stealing

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would only try and steal in late position. A lot of donks like to shove with nothing so you need to make sure you don't get caught up in some BS there. It's not something I like to do without a good hand to fall back on. I won;t try and steal with 2 7 off suit. Make sure it's something you'd play with before trying to go for stealing blinds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKoFF View Post
    Well here lately if i have a somewhat decent hand and i feel it's a steal i will come back over the top bc ive gotten crazier lmao
    Love players like you. I will purposely repeatedly raise vs players like you knowing that you will shove most times "Thinking" or "Feeling" I am trying to steal specially when you have a garbage hand like AJ off under the gun. Players who react because they "FEEL" it is a steal are usually ego induced donkey who generally are broke players. In which case one of the easiest to busto...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Infector101 View Post
    I would only try and steal in late position. A lot of donks like to shove with nothing so you need to make sure you don't get caught up in some BS there. It's not something I like to do without a good hand to fall back on. I won;t try and steal with 2 7 off suit. Make sure it's something you'd play with before trying to go for stealing blinds.
    Don't agree only for 1 reason.. IF there is a player that has not played a hand in 20 min. I will raise almost every time from min raise to 4x raise. With 23 or AA... Why you ask? Easy. Players this tight will most ALWAYS let you know their hand strength by either just calling or raising/shoving. So here is the math VS tight players if I am on button vs tight player I will raise 8/9 times knowing he will fold more then likely 7/9 times. Making the steal attempts valuable and worth it because of his fold rate. BUT I will never shove when trying to steal because I am not stupid enough to put my tourney life on the line for a steal when there are already so many damn variables of crap that can take me out, why would I raise my chances even more? I try not to but this is poker so at some point.. ANY strategy will work. and at some point NO strategy will work. That is why I love this game. Keep my stock in Excedrin high!
    Last edited by Bonghead; 05-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JKoFF View Post
    Well here lately if i have a somewhat decent hand and i feel it's a steal i will come back over the top bc ive gotten crazier lmao
    you have gotten crazier and good at being nasty to someone that steals it back from you!!!
    on another note sometimes it is not that easy to steal blinds, JUST SAYIN!! LMAO!!!!
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mommahud View Post
    you have gotten crazier and good at being nasty to someone that steals it back from you!!!
    on another note sometimes it is not that easy to steal blinds, JUST SAYIN!! LMAO!!!!
    True that some games are almost impossible. LOL. Again going back to your reads and table.. etc..

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Infector101 View Post
    I totally agree with you, you can get caught in a bunch of BS and usually (not always) I try to make sure I have a good hand before I try to steal the blind
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

PokerOwned Veteran
    It all depends what position you're in and the type of player playing Holly still blinds in the later stages of a tournament

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I gotta say stealing blinds is my specialty, specially when big stack

Seasoned Veteran
    sometimes when you try to steal the pot you get reraised.. probably by an all in or a redic high bet.. so i dont do it often

I think I did a really good at this in the last freeroll at Carbon last night. I opened up my range a lot more once the antes kicked in and raised tight players out and raised in late position a lot with a constant raise size around just under 2.5 bbs. That play only has to work 57% of the time to net chips not even including after the flop or if I have hands to call shoves on. It worked 82% of the time. It has a crazily high EV. I need a stack to put pressure on shorter stack to begin with tho! I'm really gonna keep working on this. I may have actually found something that works for me in these freerolls that nets better than abc poker. I've been trying to find that practically since I joined the site!
    Last edited by jasonv12; 05-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast