Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

How long is too long?

While playing online poker, what kind of time limit do you think is generally acceptable, between played cards? I find myself waiting for one or 2 players to make up their mind whether they should fold, call or raise(like 5 seconds or more)...makes for a very slow long drawn out game. I suppose it depends on the buyin or what is at stake, as well, so for argument sake we will say it's a micro buyin tournament.

PokerOwned Master
    27"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In mtt, using the clock is a strategy players use a lot around the bubble, I do that myself. Some do it from the start of the game. It can be frustrating but I multi table so really doesn't effect me as much

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Seasoned Veteran
    people watch way too much tv

@TKD55 so u saying 27inces? thats is not what shes asking,there for uhave just spamed this thread,azz,anyways 12sec is just about to long for micro stakes,my opinoin!
    Last edited by NO9NOJNOKNOH; 08-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.

www.legitgptsites.com

PokerOwned Master
    i agree 10-12 sec is a bit much in a micro

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NO9NOJNOKNOH View Post
    @TKD55 so u saying 27inces? thats is not what shes asking,there for uhave just spamed this thread,azz,anyways 12sec is just about to long for micro stakes,my opinoin!
    ahahahaha u really seem to have some major brain issues my friend

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Yeah, I realize folks play multiple tables and I give a little credit for that and they will use up the clock. Maybe I'm just a little too impatient after a couple hours..

I'll tell you what prompted this thread..just about every time I play in Pokerstars Women's League tournaments, the ladies in these games tend to take waaaaay too long to decide what they are doing. And please, no 'girls are slow' comments..lol..I am sitting in 10th of 18 left and it is so painfully slow. Playing now for 2 and half hours. Granted most of the 'ladies' are from Europe, so the time of day may have something to do with their slowness, too. Just something I thought I would throw out there.

I a long with others played in the PSO (pokerschoolonline) and that was a monthly prize pool. The key to those tournaments was to last as long as you can to gather points for the end of the month. So you want to talk about a slow game, lol half the field used the entire clock time from the first hand. zzzzzzzzz lol

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Veteran
    Some people are easily tilted by someone using a lot of time. This can make it a very effective strategy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast