Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Thread: Bet ur trips

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

Bet ur trips

I've identified a hole in my game, I slow play my trips. It comes back to bite me almost every time after my opponent catches up and passes me on the river. Bet your trips and bet them strong from the start.

i dont bet unless i have a set, i slow play alot too much prob.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

LLB King
    I slow play sets to let people catch up a little, in the long run it will be more profitable than not, but I like to bet trips if I have a hand like AK and the flop comes KK5, because people will usually call or raise you because it just seems like a weird line to bet your trips.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    It's a 50-50 betting hand...if there's nothing on the flop leading to a draw, you can easily check raise, but if there are draws out there, almost automatic you have to bet the trips.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I try to do something a little different every time. Alot depends on the flop texture and the player/stacks in the hand with me.
    When you are sending your Soldier into uncharted bush, always make sure he's wearing a helmet.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Main thing is to see how many draws are out there. If its a dry board you should slow play but if it's draw heavy you should fire the cannons

Experienced Member
    I notice myself being so excited i finnally flopped a set, i tend to lose value by always tryning to trap the op.