Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66165.21

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't think there is any particular hand that is better then another. It's more about getting lucky against Aces. I have been killed so many times having pocket Aces that I get scared to even play them.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Pocket Kings. Logic would say since this is the second best hand it must have the best chance of beating Aces, but this is completely wrong. This is the WORST hand to have against pocket Aces.

No I'm pretty sure its 87s, 76s, and 65s. If they don't share a suit with one of the Aces. These have the best mathematical possibility of beating Pocket Aces at 22.87%. with a .32% chance of a tie. Problem is Aces will be betting the flops hard so its hard to get correct odds to call unless you really deep stacked and your opponent is donk, or it's a multiway hand.

Strategically, pocket 5s through 7s, since they can make straights against the Aces (that don't help the aces), and can hit a set. You will know when you are ahead on the flop, and have later streets to get the money in.
    Last edited by MovingFlea; 10-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I guess if I was going to call all in knowing I'm up against aces I would prefer suited connecters between six and nine

A lot of hands can beat pocket Aces pre flop after all Aces is just a pair. Would have to agree with the answer suited connectors here as long as suit is not the same as either Ace.

10 jack suited is the best hand against AA
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Experienced Member
    this is a BASIC question its suited connectors odds wise DUH

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I would have to say any suited connectors, they have the better chance to hit straight or flush

Elite PokerOwned Member
    but of course any two cards can easily beat aces, I mean ive lost with aces to A 2 before, anythings possible

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    Pocket Kings. Logic would say since this is the second best hand it must have the best chance of beating Aces, but this is completely wrong. This is the WORST hand to have against pocket Aces.

No I'm pretty sure its 87s, 76s, and 65s. If they don't share a suit with one of the Aces. These have the best mathematical possibility of beating Pocket Aces at 22.87%. with a .32% chance of a tie.......
    The worst hand is A rag off, with the rag being same suit as one of the A's, but as everyone says, suited connectors 5 thru 8, think this is pretty common knowledge, have heard it on televised tourneys before, not that it is huge difference from the other suited connectors, but ones like J 10 lose a few percentage pts cause if the high straight hits (QKA), gives the A's a chance for fh. But back to quote, other pp's against AA are around 18%, A7o is under 6%

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    something most will fold, so ya 8-9 or t-9
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast