Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro

J,8 suited facing an all-in deep in a tournament

I ended up quite deep in a tournament. 20 player were left from over 2000 runners. The average stacks were about 150k and i was sitting on 72k. Blinds were 12k and 1k antis. Anyway, there were seven players at the table i was on the bigblind so i had 60k that was'nt in. I had J,8 suited. It folded around to the small blind who had a stack of around 100k and he raised to 36K. I figured that he could just be trying to scare me off with some garbage hand like 10,5 or 7,5 .. e.t.c There was already almost 20k in so the odds were good in my favour so i shoved. He called my shove with A,6 (better than i was expecting but I was still in reasonable shape) creating a pot of around 150k. Flop came 2,8,2 turn was an ace and river was a king or something so I was bundled out in 20th place.

Since i'm not the best poker player in the world I'd like to know what some better players would do in this situation

PokerOwned God
    In my opinion if you were card dead that is a good shove. The small blind indeed could be raising with anything and J8s is a live hand.

#NiggasInParis

Seasoned Veteran
    honestly dont know enough about the player and how he was playing to make this assumption.. but honestly i would have folded and waited thats my opinion tho

Elite PokerOwned Member
    difficult spot indeed, but I guess I would have waited a little more, trying to be the first in for a hand.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    what's going on with online poker and not win

Banned
    fold it. There is always a better hand to shove. it's better to blind out than it is to play a crap hand.

IMO you had 60k left with sb next, so 53k u had plenty of time to wait for something better to take a stand with.Any 2 are live in that spot but no since in getting jumpy with J8( who cares it its suited). No matter if u thought he was raising with trash (even tho he wasnt) you had nothing but trash anyways..IMO you couldve easily waited for a better hand/spot.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    IMO ??

Looking back on the hand i probably shouldve folded my hand given i was going to be dealer and have a 5 hand gap with no blinds to come in the turbo tournament.I didnt think about that though cause im a bit of a newb. However, it was a turbo and unless i got a decent hand or made a good pre-flop bluff in the next 6-8 hands then id have been out anyway. I had about a 3rd the size of the ave. stack too and if id won that then id be level average. I put in around 6/15 into the pot of 155k with my shove and my odds would get me just over 7/15 back. Then again if id blinded out in the next 6-8 hands i wouldve come around 10-12th rather than 20th. Thanks for the advice so far

imo= in my opinion
    i agree with others id of folded a raise usually implys they have something a shove (like you did) implys u have nothing usually but every player is diff
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

go with your instict and youll be right most of the time...it all depends on the situation....shit happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast