Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63997.06

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by boulevardrain View Post
    Would you recommend just playing cash games?, or are tournaments the way to go for sure?
    sng's are the safeest bet, mtt's offer the biggest return on your cash usually especially if they are GTDs but you get ALOT of varience...and cash games are dangerous if you dont know how to walk away
    each option offers rewards and risks the trick is to stick to what you are good at within the limits of your br
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Pro
    What I like to do when starting out small is start with the cash games then once Ive hit 5.50 I go to the 6 handed double up. The go to the 10 double then the 20 double. And so on. Till I hit 2-300 in my BR. Then I can start management from there.

Seasoned Veteran
    [QUOTE=azreal1;311295cash games are dangerous if you dont know how to walk away[/QUOTE]

This sums up my problem with BR management. I'm good at everything else with BR management but walking away when I've been beat. The "I'm gonna make it back" mentality creeps in and I don't stand a chance...!

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    This is has been proven. I have used this strategy for set periods of time to actually build up and eventually withdraw money from poker sites. Its very tough to stick to it but it works if you do. If it wasn't tough then everyone could do it. It requires lots of discipline. Thats the hardest part of bankroll management. Discipline !!!. When your friends say hey jump in this or that or they look like they are having fun playing higher limits ect ect. YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT, if your serious about bankroll management. Remember BEAT THE ODDS AND MAINTAIN DISCIPLINE, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!! Good Luck and now onto the meat of the topic.

Again this is proven to work and I have used it for set periods of time. In Bankroll management there is no one set way. Its what works per each individual based on what your comfortable with among other variables (play style, type of games). But in general this is one of the best general over all proven to work bankroll management systems and I have successfully used it myself to build up and withdraw money from poker sites.

Here is the basics
    QUOTE:

"For me, this experiment isn't about the money. It's about showing how, with proper bankroll management, you can start from nothing and move up to the point where you're playing in some pretty big games. I know it's possible because I did it once before, turning $1 into $20,000.
    To ensure that I keep my bankroll intact, I've adopted some key rules:

I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
    I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
    If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.

One great benefit from this approach to bankroll management is that it ensures you'll be playing in games you can afford. You'll never play for very long in a game that's over your head because, when you're losing, you'll have no choice but to drop down to a smaller game. You can continue to sharpen your game at that lower limit until your bankroll allows you to move up and take another shot. These rules also prevent you from being completely decimated by a bad run of cards." CHRIS FERGUSON

The good news its even simpler then that. There is a free download called the fergulator. Its a bankroll management calculator that follows these rules. You can google search "fergulator bankroll management calculator" It is free to download. I have used it and never had a problem with it. But its entirely up to you if you want to download it. Use at your own risk. But as I have said I have never had a problem with it at all. Here is what it looks like and what it does:

Bankroll.jpg

Elite PokerOwned Member
    honestly for carbon u just need 11 cents to turn that into some good bank,

Elite PokerOwned Member
    doing it like that might take a while, butt 11 cents is all u need haha

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    I gave someone who might be struggling some sound solid advice its

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boulevardrain View Post
    Would you recommend just playing cash games?, or are tournaments the way to go for sure?
    IMO STT's > MTT's > $$ games when it comes to starting from scratch. Once you have a comfortable roll, you should play whatever you're good at.

PokerOwned Master
    I think that 5$ should be enough for kick-off bankroll building. Everything you need is to play your TOP poker and avoid getting bad-luck every hand you play :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234