Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
    To be honest. Setting short term profit goals or target $ amounts is terrible. It is one of the worst things you can do for your bankroll. I played 200,000 hands over the course of 2 months at .02/.04. I would have streaks where I won 7+ sessions. I would have break even days. And sometimes I got crushed. I ended up barely +2bb/100. Whatever. The point is I had a 50k hand streak where I was not even break-even. A 50k hand streak where I went +5bb/100. So many things you cant control. Even setting an amount of time to play is not necessarily good or bad. But its way better than setting a short term profit goal. Long term profit goals are okay. As long as you can come to terms with how long the long term really is.... wow. Anyhow my advice is force yourself to take breaks a little more often than you think you need them, stay fresh. Start with shorter sessions then build up. Quick breaks help. Breaks after losing. Cheers
    so you suggest i should set a certain amount of hours/hands i play or see each month and then distribute that whichever way i want? and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    so you suggest i should set a certain amount of hours/hands i play or see each month and then distribute that whichever way i want? and thanks
    yeah i would go with the amount of time you want to play, never limit your winnings but ALWAYS limit your losses
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    It realyl depends on your ROI the higher your ROI the less of a rolle you need

Banned
    i get all that and agree but any oppinions on micro bankrolls building from 0$ dep. cashed in 3 freerolls and a 0.50$sng got up to 9$ cash games allow to sit for 0.08 at 2 1/2cent tbls but mostly 0.80$ limits and 0.50 is cheaoest tourney. am back down to 4$ should i just keep grinding freerolls and occasional 0.50$sng till i build up?how much?comments

Never play beyond what your capable of affording. If you don't want to lose all your money fast then play in micro SNG's. If your just getting started take your time and enjoy the winnings.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
    Setting an amount of time is definitely better than setting a target amount of profit. Mostly because you can't control the results. Setting a max loss limit is a good idea however to prevent tilt. Say a certain amount of max buyins at a cash table (2-3 rebuys). If you play cash you should find the ideal length of time where you are the most fresh, etc.
    This is a very good tip. Also, don't get into a big game or tournament that you know could last a while especially if you have to go somewhere. If you lose, it can effect your mood a bit.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Some people dont realize how important bankroll managemnet is!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Sometimes when I drink I lose all focus on bankroll management lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by bstpkr421 View Post
    i get all that and agree but any oppinions on micro bankrolls building from 0$ dep. cashed in 3 freerolls and a 0.50$sng got up to 9$ cash games allow to sit for 0.08 at 2 1/2cent tbls but mostly 0.80$ limits and 0.50 is cheaoest tourney. am back down to 4$ should i just keep grinding freerolls and occasional 0.50$sng till i build up?how much?comments
    some say you should keep playing PO freerolls til you have it up to 50 or so that way variance doesnt drain your roll
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Experienced Member
    Bankroll. management is one of the main things you have to do in poker to be a pro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast