Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking AQ and AK, premium hands?

Greetings to all.

Designed in the shape of these hands preflop game, often confusing to think that the opposite is unmatched (tt, 99, JJ).

When the flop presents letters 2p, 7d, 6d our thoughts give a 180 degree turn and the range of possibilities of the opposite hand is wider to conduct a comprehensive raise, 3bet or 4bet, that becomes our "hand premium" in one hand and we have lost any chips preflop, is for me a mini bad beat.

What do you think ?, AK and AQ are really premium hands?

You should think of better ways to play AQ and AK (and when not to). Think of a better strategy overall with those hands. Don't be the 3 and 4 bet guy. That style is high variance and you have to know what you are doing AND have strong reads on your opponent.

The one piece of advice I can really give you is, know your pre flop ranges and percentages AND only play for 1st place.
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Seasoned Veteran
    generally think,these hand is really not good,if your oppent call your bet,you 'd better flod

Experienced Member
    Yes i thinks is good board any junk hand a preminum hand.

Well I think they are premium hands just like a lot of hands most ppl would not consider "premium". To the effect that you either give up the pot with AK-AQ, it very much so depends on the way you play it but all in all "premium" is in the eye of the beholder in poker in my opinion.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

Experienced Member
    lo que se debe hacer en mi consepto seria jugar las manos mas gresivamente

so im down to the final 200 on an online freeroll but here comes a dirty player who is all in with almost every hand and over betting the pots to death so i get a9 suited clubs and think to myself im going to play you because your range must be off the charts of cards your willing to go broke with...... here you can watch how it plays out

thanks for watching
    maenie

No Limit Texas Hold'em Hand, 1000/2000, marnie moo | BOOM! Hand Replayer

greetings to all

I play this way the AK or AQ
    if they are swited 3bet, and if not swited check and see the flop

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by marnie View Post
    so im down to the final 200 on an online freeroll but here comes a dirty player who is all in with almost every hand and over betting the pots to death so i get a9 suited clubs and think to myself im going to play you because your range must be off the charts of cards your willing to go broke with...... here you can watch how it plays out

thanks for watching
    maenie

No Limit Texas Hold'em Hand, 1000/2000, marnie moo | BOOM! Hand Replayer
    loool... Thats awful... IMO you should've overbet after the flop came out...

Seasoned Veteran
    Personally, I'd say it depends on the table. If there's a few maniacs willing to take me on with their 9Q, JQ etc then yeah AK and AQ are premium and if i was short on chips i'd risk an all in. Normally I'd use AK or AQ to push for a decent blind steal.

But it really depends on position and chip-stack! If you have a huge chip stack, I'd only play AK pre-flop against shortstacks. Otherwise i'd only see the flop with it. Not worth risking money over a draw if you're already able to see more flops and steal some blinds!

i consider AK and AQ good AOF hands for 1 v 1, but they suck versus pockets!
    "lol i just got a notifications leting me know a tourney is about to start and has 35 hours of late reg." - Drywallman3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast