Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Building from the Bottom is Dead!

I have had this discussion with many players over the last few years and it always seems to end with the same outcome. It seems as though all of the online players that made any real money online in the last few years are those that have deposited 1k or more. Building from the bottom is Dead! There def. was a time that lasted from 2003 to 2009 where there are many stories where players started with nothing and built a bankroll. These days seem to be gone!

In the past 4 years there have only been a few stories released where players have done it with nothing more than a few bucks. I have to believe that the bubble has burst! I have scanned many players stats over the last few weeks and it seems to be the same story every time. It appears as though the only ones surviving the swings are those that have deposited $1000 or more. I have been using many tools to keep track of this and it seems to ring true for all online aspects. The grinders far outweigh the fish! Which creates a type of circulating currency with no real long term gains.

I suppose I am looking for regular "joes" that can disprove my beliefs.

We have over 100,000 members at PO. I know this is an overall number but I would like to see if we can get 10 players from here to debunk my belief That is only 0.0001% of our overall membership.

So for any members that have started with nothing and have built and maintained a Bankroll of say...., $1000 or better, please post your poker name in this thread.

Something tells me we won't even get 5

The Online Poker Boom is Dead!

Survey Master
    i started with nothing and have a 600$ roll or close to it. im involved in alot though. staking trading and playing

That is great tommy but I am looking for strictly poker play. There are many great supplements available out there and I think PO is one of the best in the market.

But I am just looking for poker I.D.'s that can debunk my belief.

JUST POKER PLAY!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Sharking did, hes not on here anymore but went from $0-$800 or so then grinded 1/2 or 2/4 micro cash as well to around $1K before he started mixing in MTTs n the last i heard on here he had around $1600+ before he was banned for whatever reason.

my name is Erik my aced account is laugeson, i have never deposited. Ive been a PO member for 1 year. my 1st cash out was for $324, my second cash was for $1,200. my last cash out was for $500 last week. majority of my winning started from here at PO over $700, i play low stake MTT no cash games and alot of the $1 sattys for $11 coupons. good luck to those who try it does happen.

So I guess going from $0-$25 over the last 6 months doesn't count??

Quote Originally Posted by potfan42o View Post
    my name is Erik my aced account is laugeson, i have never deposited. Ive been a PO member for 1 year. my 1st cash out was for $324, my second cash was for $1,200. my last cash out was for $500 last week. majority of my winning started from here at PO over $700, i play low stake MTT no cash games and alot of the $1 sattys for $11 coupons. good luck to those who try it does happen.
    +1

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    never got up to 1k but built up to about 300 or so at one point on hero poker...only reason i lost it all is because i've got the worst temper in history and for some reason sabotage myself more when i take a bad beat - i start buying into ridiculous HU sng's that are way too expensive for my BR and cant afford to pay for the variance and it always results in my BR getting cracked...i'm a firm believer that with patience and discipline it's possible to build up a bankroll from nothing, it's just difficult (and maddening) obviously...i intend on doing it eventually, just need to focus more and be more disciplined when i do manage to avoid getting donked in the PO freerolls - a top 3 or 4 cash in any of those merge freerolls we do have the potential to turn into something respectable if put to work properly and wisely

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Back in 2010 I took a roll from nothing to $1100 and maintained it for a couple of months before I got layed off of work and had to cash it out.

I won a first depositors freeroll for $150 then got into an $11 sng and won a ticket to the $50k. There i finished 8th for $1k bringing my roll to $1100.

PokerOwned Veteran
    it wasnt nothing but I started with $150 & cashed out 2150 on carbon & 50 on betonline & cahsed out 400,750, & 300

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast