Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63276.45

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice??

bump

Quote Originally Posted by killerkobra View Post
    Because poker is a boring game. You can't change your game up all the time. It's the same thing as work, if you sell tickets all day, well that's how you are making money...
    I guess that's why I never got a job selling tickets - I wanted more out of life.

Tbh I have just become accustomed to DON & realized I can cash in them consistently which leads me to believe this goal is possible. Although they can be overwhelming & take a toll after time I am prepared to take the boring road to get it done if that's what it takes. Also, I strongly believe that I can cash in other various tournaments as well, but would like to expand & include those in the near future once I can build a solid BR. I have more experience in 6 max DON's than any other style...I'll start to mix it up when I'm ready..now is just not the appropriate timing.

Quote Originally Posted by joshwayne420 View Post
    Tbh I have just become accustomed to DON & realized I can cash in them consistently which leads me to believe this goal is possible. Although they can be overwhelming & take a toll after time I am prepared to take the boring road to get it done if that's what it takes. Also, I strongly believe that I can cash in other various tournaments as well, but would like to expand & include those in the near future once I can build a solid BR. I have more experience in 6 max DON's than any other style...I'll start to mix it up when I'm ready..now is just not the appropriate timing.
    That's why I asked - I think when you hit a certain goal you should allocate 5.50 for the 3500GTD (or something like it) - I mean, we DO play for the thrill of the big hit as well.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkobra View Post
    Because no one is a "real" poker player. If you want to make money, don't do hyper-turbos. Your money makers are turbos which are deep. Don't do the rebuy/addon tourneys, too many donks. Cash games are only good if you have higher bank roll. try to find a game type you are good at and play it. I'm great at heads up and make a lot of money on HU.
    lol, wut? The $1/2K R/A are the softest tournaments on the site. And there is no such thing as too many donks. And even if there was, why would you want to avoid a tournament with that many bad players?

As for the OP, no real advice to give regarding s&gs. Ive never been a s&g grinder but Ive known people in the past who have made good money from them and all of their profit came from rakeback and VIP programs. If you have a rakeback acct on BCP, it sounds doable. If not, move to ACR and create a rakeback acct there. No sense in putting in volume without rakeback.

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    That's why I asked - I think when you hit a certain goal you should allocate 5.50 for the 3500GTD (or something like it) - I mean, we DO play for the thrill of the big hit as well.
    Indeed kind sir...I will most likely start running in the GTD's etc sooner than later tbh. You're right, it's rough playing poker for a fixed amount 24/7. I just like to pick one thing and try n perfect it..it's become habit for me over the years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12