Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64902.12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternative Tournament Schedule/Ideas

In response to Zab's posts about the avg. number of players in each and the revised scheduled format, I propose the following solution to help:

Using Carbon and BCP as the examples, the prize pools escalate as the time in the day advances (the 10 PM Carbon pays more than the 1 PM Carbon, for example), as do the amount of competitors. What hasn't been mentioned is that we have more players on the weekends than we do during the week.

So instead of changing the times of the tournaments, why not make "special" weekend tournaments as follows:
    - BCP games can be 20 bucks with a 90 pt entry (like Lock/Juicy) on Saturday/Sunday afternoon
    - The Midnight EST game on BCP can be 30 with a 135 pt entry on Friday - Sunday
    - The Friday/Saturday/Sunday late Carbon game should go up to 60 dollars (so the coupon would cost 200 - it would have to be a separate coupon)

Aside from the increases in our current format, here are two other ideas to drive traffic here:
    - A revolving "featured" site each week with a dedicated time slot that could be the 8PM EST game all week with a $30 - $50 prize pool. If the goal is to expand business, you need to have a decent prize to drive people to the site that already play at whatever the "site of the week" is.
    - A rotating schedule for the WSOPO (if we can get it back on track), where the prize pool can stay as it currently is (dont let me stop you from doubling it) but the tournament takes place on a different site each month. Carbon is nice because you can do a lot with a very little amount of money to attempt to grind (or just play recreational), but other sites like BCP make it tough to do anything with less than 6 bucks. Those bigger monthly tournaments there would be huge for the members here.

This is just a rough draft - but so was PO Madness a month ago .

Sincerely,
    Riv "The Human Genius" Dee

firstly there are less players on a weekend so i doubt zab would be doing that
    i like the site of the week idea though but zabs never been one for increasing buy ins what he ideally wants is high prizepools low buy ins
    the reason that wsopo is on merge is because of the coupon system so the rotating tourney idea wouldnt work until other sites get up 2 speed
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    firstly there are less players on a weekend so i doubt zab would be doing that
    i like the site of the week idea though but zabs never been one for increasing buy ins what he ideally wants is high prizepools low buy ins
    the reason that wsopo is on merge is because of the coupon system so the rotating tourney idea wouldnt work until other sites get up 2 speed
    I agree, it's always better to have less tourneys with higher prize pools and lower buyins.

welp I think we should ask Ron Karkovice what to do from now on...........................

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    welp I think we should ask Ron Karkovice what to do from now on...........................
    wow this is SO helpful i mean its a really well thought out post, well writen and contributes loads to the subject at hand...JUST what id expect from a mod

-.-

wow this is SO helpful i mean its a really well thought out post, well writen and contributes loads to the subject at hand...JUST what id expect from a mod

-.-
    ty ty, now you see why you got passed up................. doh

seriously ask Riv later who I am referring to

ty ty, now you see why you got passed up................. doh

seriously ask Riv later who I am referring to
    i don't care who you are referring to, keep ure private jokes to the chat box if you must, its bad enough with the euros spamming the forum without the mods doing the same :/

speaking of spam theres a post in the poof thread that needs deleting

i don't care who you are referring to, keep ure private jokes to the chat box if you must, its bad enough with the euros spamming the forum without the mods doing the same :/

speaking of spam theres a post in the poof thread that needs deleting
    I'm sorry Lord Assreal can you find it in you to forgive my wicked ways......................... and as for Pooffy's thread, she is a super mod

I'm sorry Lord Assreal can you find it in you to forgive my wicked ways......................... and as for Pooffy's thread, she is a super mod
    i know shes a super mod O.o what im saying is that oh nvm ure an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    In response to Zab's posts about the avg. number of players in each and the revised scheduled format, I propose the following solution to help:

Using Carbon and BCP as the examples, the prize pools escalate as the time in the day advances (the 10 PM Carbon pays more than the 1 PM Carbon, for example), as do the amount of competitors. What hasn't been mentioned is that we have more players on the weekends than we do during the week.

So instead of changing the times of the tournaments, why not make "special" weekend tournaments as follows:
    - BCP games can be 20 bucks with a 90 pt entry (like Lock/Juicy) on Saturday/Sunday afternoon
    - The Midnight EST game on BCP can be 30 with a 135 pt entry on Friday - Sunday
    - The Friday/Saturday/Sunday late Carbon game should go up to 60 dollars (so the coupon would cost 200 - it would have to be a separate coupon)

Aside from the increases in our current format, here are two other ideas to drive traffic here:
    - A revolving "featured" site each week with a dedicated time slot that could be the 8PM EST game all week with a $30 - $50 prize pool. If the goal is to expand business, you need to have a decent prize to drive people to the site that already play at whatever the "site of the week" is.
    - A rotating schedule for the WSOPO (if we can get it back on track), where the prize pool can stay as it currently is (dont let me stop you from doubling it) but the tournament takes place on a different site each month. Carbon is nice because you can do a lot with a very little amount of money to attempt to grind (or just play recreational), but other sites like BCP make it tough to do anything with less than 6 bucks. Those bigger monthly tournaments there would be huge for the members here.

This is just a rough draft - but so was PO Madness a month ago .

Sincerely,
    Riv "The Human Genius" Dee
    I think he already stated in his(zab) own thread that he doesnt/cant have separate coupons, one coupon buys into any and all games. So having a bigger buyin game isnt a option!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast