Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donk

PokerOwned Veteran

Donk

I hate the term, and really all the condescending trash talk online. Especially donk though because it's thrown out all of the time. Obviously online you're going to get pretty pissed off with the style of play but come on. Every table has a "pro" at it and it's a drag. We've all hit that river card on a questionable play, whatever happened to a little table etiquette and shaking losses off?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Donk has evolved into anytime someone loses and thinks they should have won and theyre pissed they use it lol.

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    Donk... lol decribes most PO'ers.. but its so overused it may be better just to say someone sucks.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jczecho2 View Post
    Donk has evolved into anytime someone loses and thinks they should have won and theyre pissed they use it lol.
    My favorite is when someone flips out "donk this, donk that" as they get hyper aggressive and bust out. A lot of times it's pot, meet kettle. Idk it just irks me, especially seeing it in a freeroll. Be civil people.

Yeah most people at the tables just throw the term at others w/o knowing anything about it except it's an insult they like to use because of sour grapes. If I have a true donk at my table I don't want to let him know that because they are the players that make us decent players a profit.

I want as many donks around as possible to suck chips out of. They can get lucky like anybody but if they play stupid enough they will lose in the long run.

Banned
    Donk is a very overused very lame term, people need to be original and come up with something different.

I often bray around the proverbial barnyard. But that's just me.

Oh man I love it. Especially when you type it in on Carbon and the donkey shows up with the funky tongue. Classic

Quote Originally Posted by bfelber57 View Post
    I hate the term, and really all the condescending trash talk online. Especially donk though because it's thrown out all of the time. Obviously online you're going to get pretty pissed off with the style of play but come on. Every table has a "pro" at it and it's a drag. We've all hit that river card on a questionable play, whatever happened to a little table etiquette and shaking losses off?
    i agree....people see some1 on tv use the term and its nothing but bs

PokerOwned Veteran
    sometimes the term is appropriate such as when getting called on an all in by someone with like k8 and they hit trips vs your AA or someone calling your 3 bet and then pot sized bets all the way down to the river only to suck out on it and beat your made hand on the flop on the river...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast