Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Does watching pros help your own game??

I have been watching some pro finals lately, but it just doesn't seem to work online? Is the difference so big?

Yes the difference is very big. At the same time th ecards and the amount of players online/pros playing live ARE the same for each format. If I were looking to improve my poker BIG MTT games i would prolly watch re-runs of WSOP. To directly answer your question though I say this, diff. depends on the stakes, players, live/online.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsgaard View Post
    I have been watching some pro finals lately, but it just doesn't seem to work online? Is the difference so big?
    well ... if you`d be playing at the final table then no it wouldn`t be too much a of a difference with the exceptions that you cant read people them selves just the betting... 1st the tournament is ever changing throughout and it all depends of your stack as a general rule.

at the beginning stakes are low stacks are high, then as it goes on stakes are high stacks are low. again a different approach for when stakes are high and stacks are high ... so you have to work out your positions in terms of chips ... then set your game up accordingly.

Example: A5 off suite - most people would avoid playing at the beginning of a tournament but as the "knot gets tighter" the rest of the players will play looser as you could potentially play looser as well.

In my opinion watching some finaltables with pros helps me to get better in poker. It doesnt matter, if the cards are shown or not. If not it is nice to think about what they could have, so it makes me better how to read poker players. If the cards are up, it is very interesting how the pros change their strategies.

LLB King
    It would only help you if you are playing the same stakes as they are imo

The only pro I watch that helps my game is T. Urtlebooooy

I find watching pros gives me false hope. They make me feel like I can win and I lose horribly

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things