Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chess

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    Never got into it(means I got beat too much) What is interesting is a good computer program can beat most of us in chess. Can a hold_em computer beat a live person? Chess is mathematically solvable. while there is math involved in CORRECT poker situations, the human variables just put it in a different class...

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wykydsceptre View Post
    Never got into it(means I got beat too much) What is interesting is a good computer program can beat most of us in chess. Can a hold_em computer beat a live person? Chess is mathematically solvable. while there is math involved in CORRECT poker situations, the human variables just put it in a different class...
    it is even more extreme than that, a good chess computer could easily beat us all, and could beat the best chess player in the world in a match (though it could not win every game)
    h

they are really different to computers because in chess you have perfect information. however, since computers haven't come anywhere near actually solving chess the way the computers "think" is more similar than you might think. the chess comps can only calculate so far and after that they can only go off their algorithms and heuristics

perhaps hold em is "solvable" in a game theory sense tho

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennnnelG View Post
    it is even more extreme than that, a good chess computer could easily beat us all, and could beat the best chess player in the world in a match (though it could not win every game)
    h

they are really different to computers because in chess you have perfect information. however, since computers haven't come anywhere near actually solving chess the way the computers "think" is more similar than you might think. the chess comps can only calculate so far and after that they can only go off their algorithms and heuristics

perhaps hold em is "solvable" in a game theory sense tho
    Is there a "bluff" in chess????

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wykydsceptre View Post
    Is there a "bluff" in chess????
    in a way... you cant hide your position from your opponent but you can hide your plans. A really common example is to make it look like you are preparing an attack on one side to trick your opponent into "defending" that side, only to leave the other side vulnerable.

obviously the bluff is much cleaner in poker though because they could call the bluff by calculating accurately, but i guess in both cases it is about getting the opponent to trust you

Elite PokerOwned Member bikkeromano's Avatar
    I LOVE PLAY CHESS ,,, IM IN A CHESS CLUB ,HERE IN VENEZUELA ..... REALY LOVE THIS GAME ,,,,,TY
    im bikkeromano

Seasoned Veteran
    bikkeromano es un gran jugador de ajedrez

Banned
    man guys honestly poker is the same ass playn chess that's all I will say lol......love chess

PokerOwned Pro
    i played chess is a good game but i tired of This! xD

im a rank 17 chess pro, play it on my ps3 for 5 hours every day.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennnnelG View Post
    Anyone on here play chess seriously/competitively? A lot of professional and competitive chess players play poker, but i dont know how much of it goes the other way around.

and yes i know this section is meant for video games but its still a game so i put it here
    My father was a 2100 player and the youngest member of the Ukrainian chess team when he was a boy. I've picked some stuff from him, but I'm mediocre at best.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast