Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63012.93

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lance Armstrong Stripped of his Tour de France Titles.

I think its pretty clear that Lance was doping and dropped his defense of this as an attempt to save face and have the moral high ground.

He won 7 straight Tour de Frances but if you check the wikipedia page here for results you will see he first finished #1 in the tour in 1999, The 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th and 8th place finishers have all been implicated in some kind of doping.

Again he was 1st in 2000, 2nd-9th all were implicated in some kind of doping. 1st again in 2001, 2nd,3rd,5th,7th,8th,9th and 10th all implicated in some kind of doping. 1st again in 2002 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 9th implicated in some kind of doping.

It continues every year, again he was 1st in 2003, 2nd,3rd,4th,6th,7th,8th and 10th implicated in some kind of doping. 1st in 2004 and 2nd,3rd,4th,6th,9th and 10th all implicated in some kind of doping.

Then his final win came in 2005 where 2nd-11th were all implicated in some kind of doping.

I personally find it very hard to believe that he wasnt doping but managed to beat everyone that was over a 7 year period. He has raised alot of money for charity with his livestrong stuff which is great but as fair as cycling is concerned the guy cheated.

I suppose you could argue it was a level playing field as everyone was doping but its still against the rules.

I think it is time for the issue to be addressed with a different approach with pro sports. We keep having these athletes do amazing things in there sport, only to find out later they "cheated" I have an idea, lets hold them to the same standard as an 11yr old. You get caught cheating you get a 0 and you fail. What is the equivalent? MONEY! All of it!!! Fine them there ENTIRE SALARY for that year! AHHHH, you hurt there feelings and ruined there good name by stripping them of there records or championships, BIG DEAL, Hit em where it hurts the most, IN THERE POCKETS!!!
    Example: Barry Bonds, I would like to see his azz fined $40,000,000 and I am not joking.....F him! Hank Aaron and guys like him did it the honest way. Thats what made our country better than others. Now we are being laughed at by others because we are putting out the persona that we have to cheat to win....Just another sad moment in American Sports

PokerOwned Veteran
    This is sooooo saddddd....

bs, they did over 500 tests, he used or he didnt.
    personally i think he did.
    but they cant prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by ac13 View Post
    bs, they did over 500 tests, he used or he didnt.
    personally i think he did.
    but they cant prove it.
    You dont dominate fields of dopers for 7 years without doping yourself. 10 of his teammates were going to testify against him in the case. That is why he dropped his defense. He knew it was all gonna come out so he didnt continue with the defense so he could save face.

good everyone knew he was a cheater it finally caught up to him

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    You dont dominate fields of dopers for 7 years without doping yourself. 10 of his teammates were going to testify against him in the case. That is why he dropped his defense. He knew it was all gonna come out so he didnt continue with the defense so he could save face.
    ye thats what i say to my family if we discuss that while watching the tour lol.
    i think he had a great system, but why did he passed the test over 500 times?

they cant and will never be able to say he used doping.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I hate all the cheating in sports. There are so many people that try so hard cleanly, and dont get ot the top. And then you have all these cheaters that end up making millions. They should be fined millions of dollars plus time in jail. I dont get the system...

my coach told us "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Elite PokerOwned Member
    u know what they say '' cheater cheater compulsive eater '' mr lans

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast