Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar

UFC 140: "Bones" Jones vs. "Dragon" Machida

Only a week remains until one of the best fights of the year takes place, when Jon "Bones" Jones takes on Lyota "The Dragon" Machida at UFC 140. Bones Jones has been on an absolute tear since arriving on the scene, winning the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship at the age of 23 against Shogun and defending it impressively against Rampage in his last fight. Machida, at one time was considered unbeatable, a lot like Jones is right now, but has had a few stumbles, even though he destroyed Randy Couture in his last fight.

I am looking forward to this fight more than any other fight this year. If there is anyone out there that can beat Bones right now, it will be Machida and we might be in for one of the biggest upsets of the year. That being said, I think Bones will use his insane reach advantage to control the fight and finish off Machida in the 4th round.

Who are you guys picking?

Private
    yea bones im thinking is looking like the more advanced fighter even though he's less experienced. Its his speed and unorthodox style i think will give em an impressive win over machida. But, you can never know now a day in the ufc just look back at the cain velasquez fight major upset.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddcassius View Post
    yea bones im thinking is looking like the more advanced fighter even though he's less experienced. Its his speed and unorthodox style i think will give em an impressive win over machida. But, you can never know now a day in the ufc just look back at the cain velasquez fight major upset.
    Machida has an unorthodox style also, which will make it an interesting fight to say the least. For Machida to win this fight, he will have to go on the inside, where Bones can't use his reach advantage or catch him with a shot he doesn't see coming.

Speaking of the Velasquez fight, it wasn't that huge of an upset. Cain was favorite to win, but Dos Santos was a very live underdog, and many were picking him to win (but how he won was more shocking).

Private
    True on the Velasquez fight. Guess we're all glad it aired on local cable huh.

Banned
    Jon Bones Jones wins via Decapitation.

Surprised not more people are talking about this fight and as excited as I am. We could be in for a Fight of the Year candidate (even though no fight will be better than Henderson vs. Shogun this year).

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Im going for Jon Jones don't care too much for Machido..Also I looked over the fight card it should be a really good one

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJakeB View Post
    Surprised not more people are talking about this fight and as excited as I am. We could be in for a Fight of the Year candidate (even though no fight will be better than Henderson vs. Shogun this year).
    Man that henderson and shogun fight didnt impress me that much. Years ago the orignal ultimate figher finale griffin vs bonnar was thought to be best fight ever because by end of the fight they were just blindly swinging leaving everything out there. I felt that people were saying the same about the henderson vs shogun fight. But with the hendo vs shogun fight instead of the last half of the last round spent on tired legs swinging, their fight was the last 2 1/2- 3 rounds spent like that.

And imo sure its great to watch people leave it all out there but when atleast 2 rounds of the fight is spent with no tactical offense and just basically drunk bar fight swinging it doesnt count as fight of the night, let alone fight of the year.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think Jones wins by TKO pretty easily, his length is too much.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast