Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar

Tony LaRussa Retires

News came out today that Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa is retiring after 33 MLB seasons. What a way for a manager to go out, winning a World Series, his 3rd. How does this news impact Pujols and whether he will come back to St. Louis and who will replace LaRussa?

I was thinking they might pick up francona.

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I was thinking they might pick up francona.
    Francona is a front-runner for sure, along with Bobby Valentine, and a few others. How about Mark McGwire? He is the current hitting coach and is loved in the organization.

PokerOwned God
    that would be funny as hell if he were the head coach but i dont think they will put him in charge because of the steroids

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJakeB View Post
    Francona is a front-runner for sure, along with Bobby Valentine, and a few others. How about Mark McGwire? He is the current hitting coach and is loved in the organization.
    I wouldnt think McGwire is quite ready yet. It would imo be a bad idea throwing him in there as manager on a reigning World Series winning team that will have a lot of expectations from him. Im all for keeping him there as a coach and progress him to where down the road he is more than ready to take the helm.

PokerOwned Master
    Pretty cool that Mike Matheny is the new manager. Good player to watch in the 90s and early 2000s.

All I can say is, my Rangers folded up like a lawn chair,,,,,,,two years in a row,,,,BOO
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Veteran
    Mike Matheny will make a very good manager for them. He's been in their organization a long time. Cards need to keep Pujols though. Will be a interesting offseason.

igor23

On ESPN they were saying that a few of the Cardinals players were calling management ASKING for Matheny to be given the role, so you know if the guys are behind their manager it will be another good year for them!
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

Banned
    probably nto a good thing for larussa. I guess now he will be getting a ton more drunk drivings since he doesnt have somewhere to be anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast