Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63604.33

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    Not sure if this makes Phillies pitching better, but Papelbon should do well in the National League. Papelbon is a good closer, but is too cocky for his own good. He has had his fair share of late season blowups, most recently the last game of the Red Sox's season this year. The Phillies definitely overpaid for him at $12.5 million a year for 4 years, compared to Rivera who makes $15 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJakeB View Post
    Not sure if this makes Phillies pitching better, but Papelbon should do well in the National League. Papelbon is a good closer, but is too cocky for his own good. He has had his fair share of late season blowups, most recently the last game of the Red Sox's season this year. The Phillies definitely overpaid for him at $12.5 million a year for 4 years, compared to Rivera who makes $15 million a season.
    I wouldnt hold the last game against him considering crawford should really have caught the ball. I would certainly want my closer to be confident and borderline over confident. You want someone who can walk in with bases loaded and have no doubt in their mind they can get the outs.

Plus he doesnt play games trying get people to chase balls outta the zone. He just attacks and throws his heat and more often then not he just steamrolls people. Red sox have good pitchers who never live up to potential so it makes me think there must be a problem with the pitching coach. So papelbon going to a team that obviously has a good pitching coach we might even see more out of him than we do now.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    papelbone u can have him hes on his way down
    good riddins the dancin little money grubbin bitch
    GO REDSOX

Quote Originally Posted by pokerpiglet View Post
    papelbone u can have him hes on his way down
    good riddins the dancin little money grubbin bitch
    GO REDSOX
    Im a red sox fan myself and you must be lying to yourself if you really think we are better off without papelbon.

PokerOwned Master
    Papelbon should really help the phillies, i assume he will be closer over lidge. The only way phillies sign lidge back is for cheaper setup man.

PokerOwned God
    All I have to say is the sox let him go for a reason. He hasn't been nearly as good the last couple of years as he was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
    All I have to say is the sox let him go for a reason. He hasn't been nearly as good the last couple of years as he was in the past.
    The red sox didnt really let him go. They just didnt match 4 years $50mil. Since 2006 season he has had 2 years with save % under 90% and one of those was 89.1%. As a red sox fan i really dont get why people are saying he is no good as i have watched most of the games. Sure he had a bad season 2 seasons ago but has been nails every other season for the last 5 years.

The thing with papelbon is no matter what happened the previous game or how the game is going, When he walks to the mound you always believe he is gonna pull through, and he does it by just throwing heat. Not many other closers have that aura about them.

PokerOwned Master
    yeha very very good pictcher

PokerOwned Master
    Regardless of recent play, ill take him over almost any pitcher in the ninth

PokerOwned Master
    Red sox are definitely better without papelbon, nice chokejob against baltimore lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12