Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Thread: NHL Lockout !!!

NHL Lockout !!!

I'm so damn pissed about the NHL lockout. Another season is in jeopardy because of money. The issues are coming down to revenue sharing and how owners want the players to get less of a cut to counter act the money that gets funneled in to teams in crappy markets. Examples are Phoenix, Tampa Bay, Florida, etc. These areas are not hockey towns, no one plays hockey in the friggin' desert. How dumb is that to have a team in Phoenix and not in a place like Wisconsin or Quebec?

The NHL needs to face facts. Hockey is a Northern US/Canadian dominated sport. You aren't going to spread the fan base by putting teams in places where hockey is the 6th most popular sport. Put the teams in places where hockey is what it's all about ei Wisconsin or Canada. Even if the teams are 50% Canadian, who cares?

Stupid NHL, WTG!

Experienced Member
    also believe that this topic

Experienced Member
    I have the same opinion on the subject but could give more information on this matter, and in the interim opinion research sample

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    I guess they all didn't learn from the last lock out..took years for the momentum of the NHL to come back for the fans. Thankfully, we have Junior hockey (which is often better than any NHL game, believe it or not). Would be nice to see the lock out end right now, though.

Elite PokerOwned Member Rellik419's Avatar
    I totally agree with the fact, they need to keep the sport in the cities where it's popular. To many sports want to expand past there fan base and I think it waters down the sport.