Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    What do you all think about Fighters pay in MMA? I mean they are vastly under paid. a guy trains for 3 months can make as little as 8,500. manager, gym expense, trainer cost and before you know it they are suffering badly. Dana White is always saying go out earn your pay with performance, but he's acting as if he could train like they do commit what they to work a part time job even some do to help provide for their family. To pretend they aren't giving their best effort is laughable and I am like just because its not a great finish or something doesn't mean someone didn't give it their all. Even the top end is small compared to other sports. like their stars Anderson Silva, and such would make like 2 million a fight. I get tired of people saying but they get sponsors.....Every sport gets sponsors I bet Lebron has a few 7 figure sponsorship deals along with his massive 18 million a yr contract......oh also mayweather gets like 40 million a fight. the UFC is suppose to be more popular then boxing right? so they should have the money to at least make it possible for ppl to make 75K a yr as their average pay right?

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fabolous987 View Post
    What do you all think about Fighters pay in MMA? I mean they are vastly under paid. a guy trains for 3 months can make as little as 8,500. manager, gym expense, trainer cost and before you know it they are suffering badly. Dana White is always saying go out earn your pay with performance, but he's acting as if he could train like they do commit what they to work a part time job even some do to help provide for their family. To pretend they aren't giving their best effort is laughable and I am like just because its not a great finish or something doesn't mean someone didn't give it their all. Even the top end is small compared to other sports. like their stars Anderson Silva, and such would make like 2 million a fight. I get tired of people saying but they get sponsors.....Every sport gets sponsors I bet Lebron has a few 7 figure sponsorship deals along with his massive 18 million a yr contract......oh also mayweather gets like 40 million a fight. the UFC is suppose to be more popular then boxing right? so they should have the money to at least make it possible for ppl to make 75K a yr as their average pay right?
    It's ridiculous, these athletes put life and long term health on the line every fight. Unfortunately the UFC has a monopoly. The fighters need to form a union just like all other major professional sports organizations. The big name top tier fighters need to spearhead a fighter union but they seem reluctant to do so because they are making good money already. Fighters that make peanuts can't do it because the UFC will tell them to GTFO. Hopefully the WSOF can gain ground on the UFC with nationally televised cards and create some healthy competition. One of my teammates is going to fight @ the WSOF card in June and he will only make 500$ to show and 500$ to win. If he puts together a win streak he has the potential to make good money or move on to the UFC.

PokerOwned Master
    Bader vs. Cavalcante @ UFC 174 in Vancouver.

Dana White ‏@danawhite 3m
    Welcome back Andrei Arlovski!

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/459468410599247873

UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira Preview and Predictions | The MMA Corner

The UFC heads into Baltimore Arena with perhaps the greatest light heavyweight champion in MMA history atop the event card. UFC champ Jon Jones will put his light heavyweight title on the line against dangerous Brazilian striker Glover Teixeira.

Fighting out of the same gym as UFC Hall of Famer Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell, Teixeira will look to use his thunderous knockout power to dethrone Jones. Teixeira comes into the fight riding a 20-fight winning streak. Jones, meanwhile, will look to make his sixth straight title defense.

The evening’s co-main event marks the return of Anthony “Rumble” Johnson to the Octagon. Johnson has won all six of his bouts since being released by the promotion after UFC 142. That run includes a win over former UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski and devastating knockouts of Jake Rosholt and Mike Kyle. Welcoming Rumble back to the UFC will be former NCAA Division I wrestling champ Phil Davis. “Mr. Wonderful” is coming off the biggest win of his career against former UFC champion Lyoto Machida, but their bout was mired in controversy. Davis hasn’t been in the Octagon since. Now, he will look to stamp his own claim as a worthy title contender at the expense of the returning Johnson.

Also on the main card is a pivotal middleweight battle between former Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold and Tim Boetsch. Jim Miller was originally scheduled to face Bobby Green, but he will now fight Yancy Medeiros. And Max Holloway faces Andre Fili in a battle of featherweight prospects.

The prelims feature a slew of known fighters, including Takanori Gomi, former TUF competitor Jessamyn Duke and Joe Ellenberger, who makes his much-anticipated UFC debut. Also, Joseph Benavidez will face Tim Elliott in a clash of top-10 featherweights to cap off the prelim portion of UFC 172.

The action kicks off at 7 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass with two preliminary card bouts. Then, it’s off to Fox Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET for the remainder of the prelims. The main card airs live on pay-per-view beginning at 10 p.m. ET.

The MMA Corner’s Rob Tatum, RJ Gardner and Kyle Symes break down the entire fight card in this edition of the Round Table.

PokerOwned Veteran
    theres a guy up here I was going to sponser .he's from the rez but I don't think he takes his training serious enough always getting hammered. he's a badass in the bar arena but not sure if I want to deal with this guy.

PokerOwned Master
    Denis Siver fined $19,800 suspended 9 months for positive drug test

PokerOwned Veteran
    nine months seems kind of harsh for that

PokerOwned Master
    I put a bet on Glover Teixeira @ +337 vs Jon Jones. Glover at that big of an underdog I can't pass up.

PokerOwned Master
    A planned bout between top flyweights Ian McCall and Brad Pickett fell apart shortly before the UFC's trip to london. But now, with Pickett coming off a win, the UFC is rebooking the matchup for their upcoming Dublin Fight Night.

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast