Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64809.9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Survey Master

what would you do?

ok last night I bet 4$ on a 6 team parlay. I had ucla-13 unlv-7 clippers moneyline phi-3 phi/chi o54 and the final bet is 49ers/atl o46. all bets won and its up to the Monday night game. if the game goes over 46 I win 138$ now im not guaranteed that money. but I can go deposit 50$ and bet the under and win 50$. so id have 100$ br or if the game goes over id have 138$. if I do this im guaranteed a win. would you deposit 50 for the gtd money? or gamble and go with the over and leave my bet as is?

what if the game goes 46 you lose both?
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Survey Master
    i cant lose both. if game goes 46 its a push. meaning on the parlay it would be a 5 teamer instead of 6 teamer and the payout is lowered. on other bet id just get a refund

id think about deposit for sure take the $ will its good
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

GTD money tommy
    "Heard you're looking for a stud. Well, I got the S-T-D. All I need is you. " - Rooster

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    IN EV Theory, you are not supposed to hedge your bet like this, you are supposed to just make it a 5 team parlay and leave off the SF game if you are thinking of taking a guaranteed win like that. In the long run over many bets, you make more money by letting the parlay ride.

Now, in Reality, it really depends how badly you need the money. If you really want that money for a BR or it makes a significant difference for you to perform online, then yes, take the guaranteed money. Of course, you can make the amount lower than $50 so you are guaranteed something, but if your win comes through you make more money.

Congrats on picks and good luck whatever your decision. (Have I hedged before--YES, when I really wanted to lock in the money)

Should You Hedge Your Bets? Not If You Want to Maximize Profits

http://www.majorwager.com/guide/sports-book-hedging.htm
    Last edited by WECpoker; 12-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    IN EV Theory, you are not supposed to hedge your bet like this, you are supposed to just make it a 5 team parlay and leave off the SF game if you are thinking of taking a guaranteed win like that. In the long run over many bets, you make more money by letting the parlay ride.

Now, in Reality, it really depends how badly you need the money. If you really want that money for a BR or it makes a significant difference for you to perform online, then yes, take the guaranteed money. Of course, you can make the amount lower than $50 so you are guaranteed something, but if your win comes through you make more money.

Congrats on picks and good luck whatever your decision. (Have I hedged before--YES, when I really wanted to lock in the money)

Should You Hedge Your Bets? Not If You Want to Maximize Profits

Hedging your Bets
    im gonna think it over til half hour before kickoff n decide then

Survey Master
    bump

gl Tommy in your final decision..SF 38 ATL 10
    04/03/2014 03:20 <lilg97> i used to money lauder on ftp

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I'd just take the chances on my ticket winning and hope for the $138 and if it doesn't win, then you could just go deposit $50 and have a $50 bankroll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast