Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Experienced Member

Fantasy Football questions

I have 2 questions about fantasy football....

1. Is it ok to lose one week to get a better positioning for the playoffs? I was the #1 seed in my league, and if I lost, I would have dropped down to the 3rd seed. The #8 seed had a stacked squad with very favorable matchups, while the 6th seed was very weak due to injuries. The playoff picture was set, and the guy that would beat me was the #4 seed and would have stayed there with a win or loss. I guess my question is, would you have loss on purpose to play a favorable matchup (a guy who had Andre Johnson, Demarco Murray, Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis, and Matt Schaub as his studs)?

2. Is it ok for the commish of the league to extend the regular season a week after the final week, and to change the playoff picture from 6 teams to 8? This was in the last week, he got it approved from everyone except for me (the #1 seed), and this is a money league?

Thoughts would be appreciated.... because I'm pissed.

PokerOwned God
    First question ... ya I guess its ok to lose a week ... I mean whatever happens on the field isn't something you can control. You are allowed to play whatever players, just like everyone else.

Second question ... sounds kind of lame to me, but if the vote is 7 to 1, you're probably gonna have to accept it.

Knight
    1 yes, 2 no. Even though it was voted on it seems shady to me

PokerOwned God
    Answer to question 1 - while I do think it isn't okay to lose on purpose, I think you should do what you think is best. Answer to number 2 - no, that wasn't okay to make that kind of a change that late in the season.

Experienced Member
    Thanks for the replies...

I dropped all my players, cursed everyone involved out, and told them to go f*ck themselves. I was not the bigger man about the situation. I was taken out of the league in less than 3 hours. I should be able to get a refund.