Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

Derek Jeter Gets 3000th Hit

Derek Jeter got his 3000th hit on a solo home run. What an amazing player and amazing person. Its very fitting that a clutch player like Jeter who has ice water running through his veins should join the exclusive 3000 hit club with a round tripper!

For all you baseball fans here, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by dbbc_0169; 07-09-2011 at 02:31 PM.

He got to do it at home and it was an absolute bomb, which is unusual for him as he usually hits fence-scrapers. Nonetheless, Jeter is the epitome of how an athlete should act and he's achieved a great career milestone.

I see that the guy who caught the ball gave it back to jeter. It is a nice thing to do and im sure he will get stuff of the yankees and jeter in return, but jeter may be the most beloved yankee of all time and you just caught his 3000th hit ball. Would it be wrong to think that selling this ball could fetch him a whole lot of money. Maybe even in the region of 500k if not even more. You know there will be some rich yankee fans out there who would buy it. Not to mention jeter himself.

Private
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I see that the guy who caught the ball gave it back to jeter. It is a nice thing to do and im sure he will get stuff of the yankees and jeter in return, but jeter may be the most beloved yankee of all time and you just caught his 3000th hit ball. Would it be wrong to think that selling this ball could fetch him a whole lot of money. Maybe even in the region of 500k if not even more. You know there will be some rich yankee fans out there who would buy it. Not to mention jeter himself.
    was definetly a class act to give jeter back the ball.

PokerOwned God
    It was nice no doubt about that ... was it smart ... no. He just gave up years and years worth of salary. The 500k number sounds about right.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Depends, he got to meet Jeter. He also gets free box seats for the rest of the season including playoff games. And he received a plethora of bats, balls, caps, jerseys, autographs. Finally, the goodwill he has in the city of New York alone could be worth more than the cash, now throw in all that other stuff....

On another note, I just read he is the ONLY Yankee with 3,000 hits?!? Now there's a stat for ya!

PokerOwned Master
    Most protected hitter in the history of baseball, good player...yes, great player....not so much

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Seems like for him it was the right decision. Having lived in Latin America the last 4 years, I would take that money and live by the beach for peanuts and enjoy the rest of my life.

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    A very exciting predicament indeed! I am happy for him, and that is my opinion on the matter at hand

Well im pretty sure in a few years time when he has a family and a mortgage the bank wont accept goodwill as payment. Like i said before it was an amazingly nice gesture to just give it back but i am pretty sure he will regret this somewhere down the line.

Sure he got other bats and balls signed by jeter in exchange but he gave up jeters 3000th hit ball. Only the 28th i think person to achieve this feat. The only ever yankee to achieve this feat and this 3000th hit was the 2nd ever on a home run. This ball is worth a fortune. I probly would have gotten it appraised then offered jeter the ball at that price if not more. Anyone who thinks jeter wouldnt splash out a million at least for this ball is crazy. Im sure the yankess would probly give him some of the money to buy it anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast