Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    ARI 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 5 8 1
    CHC 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 5 1
    W: M. Bolsinger (1-1)
    L: E. Jackson (1-2)
    S: A. Reed (5)

Hey Hey What do you say? Edwin Jackson gonna suck a dik today!!!!!

Vomit bag...Please...

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    There goes the neighborhood.. A White Sox fan just moved in. Wallowing in mediocrity on the South Side...Fuck That. I would rather be the shitstorm that is the 2014 Chicago Cubs.

And to you Beflber---WTF do you really know. How far in baseball did you get? You play a little softball on the weekends, maybe backup infielder for the High School Varsity, and read baseballamerica.com? Just because you want to be positive doesn't make you an expert. Of course Theo and Jed don't want to lose their jobs. Of course they don't. But that doesn't mean that their arrogance has not blinded them to the plight of long suffering fans sick of the wait for tomorrow spiel every fucking year. But hooray, we might take 3 of 4 from the equally wretched DiamondBacks. I am watching the game on TV. Looks like 10,000 fans made it to Wrigley on a nice April afternoon. At least people are getting smart and not wasting money on this crap.
    At least we agree on the Sox Neil. I can't debate insults. I never claimed to be an expert, I didn't go anywhere in baseball, and I don't see the relevance. What do you propose they do to get a championship? I guess if you'd like a little bit better product out there while the prospects develop, I get where you're coming from. I respect your passion, though. Go Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by bfelber57 View Post
    At least we agree on the Sox Neil. I can't debate insults. I never claimed to be an expert, I didn't go anywhere in baseball, and I don't see the relevance. What do you propose they do to get a championship? I guess if you'd like a little bit better product out there while the prospects develop, I get where you're coming from. I respect your passion, though. Go Cubs.
    I am sorry. Forgot to take my meds. The fact is I did go somewhere in baseball having played college ball in Florida during the early 90's. I have played with and against future major leaguers. I have watched thousands upon thousands of innings of the stupid sport. And I think that their current game plan is risky and fraught with danger and uncertainty. Can't miss prospect Javy Baez is batting under .200 in AAA. Sounds like an uber prospect to me. The biggest thing is I am Cubs Fan and what this management team is putting us through and has been for years, we can call it years can't we?, FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that brings me to my next post...................

The fact is we are all going to die. Every single one of us shares that in common with each other. The thing that differs is the way that this inevitable ending to life comes upon us. All of us would probably like to live around 80 years then under the cover of darkness die peacefully in our sleep in our own bed. However, just as we ultimately lack total control over the course of our life, we also lack, not counting the horrible act of suicide, the ability to decide when death comes a knocking on our door. It is in a haze of heavy smoke (due to the shitty air quality of my NW Indiana locale not from the bong that gets no shortage of use as I tried to watch a complete 9 inning Cub game a few weeks back) that I am sitting in my living room experiencing a Sunday morning moment of silent reflection and realize how lucky Cubs fans are this year.

The 2014 Cubs are an unquestioned pile of shit. It is Less than a month into the season and they have made themselves totally at home in last place with more than twice as many losses as wins. They are already a whopping ten and a half games (10.5) behind the division leading Brewers. When you are more games behind than the team has wins that is not good. In fact, that is hard to do.
    So just like that, in less than 30 games, the Cubs season has quietly, in fact peacefully, some might say, be rendered meaningless. There will be no surprise start giving fans even a fleeting moment of optimism. There has been no real outcry from the media mourning the sickly state of the franchise’s top team. No signs of fight from a single member of the team while the losses have piled up like the record amount snow we had this past winter.

The Cubs season is dead. That much is true. There will be no World Series, no playoffs, and not a single reason to remember the 2014 edition of the Lovable Losers, unless you happen to remember how much you want to forget. Yet, there is no anger inside of me anymore. There is not a lot of emotion about the situation at all actually. It has been similar to going through the loss of an elderly loved one whose passing while not welcomed was not at all unexpected.

Therefore, it is with a peaceful heart that I put the lid on the Cubs coffin along with this Cubs thread.

Because like I expected the Cubs are Dead.
    Last edited by NeilZelkin; 04-27-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Just a little update:

No the Cubs have not risen from the dead. If anything their corpse is rotting just fine.

CENTRAL W L PCT GB

Milwaukee 22 13 .629 -

St. Louis 18 17 .514 4

Cincinnati 15 18 .455 6

Pittsburgh 14 20 .412 7.5

Chicago 11 21 .344 9.5

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea the Cubbies blow! I feel ur pain though Im a Indians fan!

Nothing like losing in 12 on a walk off HBP. New lows of retardation.

PokerOwned Veteran
    what a year to be a brewers fan!..totally unexpected..well I figured they would be 2nd or 3rd in the division..and I guess the season is far from over so it could very well end up that way but im going to enjoy this while its here!..GO BREW CREW!!

things have gotten better folks. A new thread is coming soon.
    I suck at Poker. You suck at Life. Swallow That...

My how things have changed since I started this thread. I am firmly back on the Cubbie Wagon that is on a collision course with its destiny that has been simmering for the past 11 decades.
    I suck at Poker. You suck at Life. Swallow That...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123