Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64976.37

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    cuns stink they need to fix that franchise

Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    It is the start of another painful season for Cubs fans. Our World Series drought remains safe for another season and Wrigley might not last another season but at least a beer only costs 15 bucks. Go Cubs. And as you sink to new lows I will surely add to this thread. God Just shoot me. Please.
    Well I guess this season is shaping up to be a historic one of titanic proportions. And just like the Titanic sank thousands of feet to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean the Cubs are careening toward a new level of crap. Its a bloody diarrhea that smells as bad as it looks. Two weeks into the season the Cubs sit at 4-10 6.5 out of first and are stinging from an ugly day night sweep to the Yankees. Even worse, because with the Cubbies it always gets worse, they failed to score a single fucking run. The first time since Bug turned 30 (1962) have the Cubs been shutout in a double header. I need to look at the 12 stages of grief and get more aquainted with it.

The Cubs drop to 4-11 as their scoreless streak was finally snapped at 26 innings. They lost 4-1. I have to go vomit now.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Looks like Houston is going to be just as bad.

Experienced Member
    Not going to be that bad. GO BIRDS!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Big Cubs fan and this year and the last couple are what they are, rebuilding. Epstein took over a mess and has been doing an awesome job replenishing the farm system, which is now rated one of the best. This year's going to suck, but the team should start turning around next year. Epstein semi-jokingly said "2017 is our year" when he was hired. We're just going to have to have a little patience.

CIN 0 0 0 3 2 0 3 0 0 8 15 0
    CHC 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 11 0

We are now 5-12 and mathmatically eliminated from playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by bfelber57 View Post
    Big Cubs fan and this year and the last couple are what they are, rebuilding. Epstein took over a mess and has been doing an awesome job replenishing the farm system, which is now rated one of the best. This year's going to suck, but the team should start turning around next year. Epstein semi-jokingly said "2017 is our year" when he was hired. We're just going to have to have a little patience.
    Patience. Are you fucking kidding me? We are about to witness 380 losses or more in the last four seasons of Cubs baseball. The worst stretch ever in a franchise marked by its ability to avoid winning championships like it were the Black Fucking Plague.

Theo and Jed think they are so cool with their ultimate dedication toward patience with a total disregard for the Now and all their chips on the future. A future touted with prized prospects. Prospects?? They are called prospects because they are just that, unproven. And with the Cubs track record with prized prospects ie; Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Backsliding Starlin Castro and, ???? Oh that's about it for the last 15 years. So yeah. Be patient for a future that may never come but a present that makes me wanna puke.

Edwin Jackson---He is an 11 million dollar a year pile of mediocre poop. 200 innings of painful runs, hits and losses from a man who must be immune to the fact that he is stealing for a living. Straight up Stealing. I would rather give 11 million a year to city of Chicago who has a government that takes 11 million and sends it into a blackhole never to be seen again.

Ricky Renteria---Give the guy a couple of pom poms and a skirt. He actually said the Cubs planned on contending. For what the PCL wildcard and a berth against Omaha. Sorry your in the wrong league idiot. See your in the NL Central. You will lose 95 games. And you will age 20 years during the next 8 months.

I could go on but I am sad now. My beloved team has been somehow been blow up by two guys who think they have baseball all figured out. This is the Cubs.
    Last edited by NeilZelkin; 04-20-2014 at 08:29 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    We are now 5-12 and mathmatically eliminated from playoff contention.

Patience. Are you fucking kidding me? We are about to witness 380 losses or more in the last four seasons of Cubs baseball. The worst stretch ever in a franchise marked by its ability to avoid winning championships like it were the Black Fucking Plague.

Theo and Jed think they are so cool with their ultimate dedication toward patience with a total disregard for the Now and all their chips on the future. A future touted with prized prospects. Prospects?? They are called prospects because they are just that, unproven. And with the Cubs track record with prized prospects ie; Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Backsliding Starlin Castro and, ???? Oh that's about it for the last 15 years. So yeah. Be patient for a future that may never come but a present that makes me wanna puke.
    You're right. Theo and Jed think losing is so cool and have nothing better to do than lose their jobs by sabotaging the Cubs. Give me a break. What do you want them to do? Do you even understand what kind of disarray Jim Hendry left this franchise in? The team was spending top 5 money for absolutely nothing. Alfonso Soriano? Carlos Zambrano? Kosuke Fukudome? Milton f'ing Bradley? In spite of what you apparently think, those contracts don't just disappear. That's real money spent. If you want your team to be the Yankees, go be a Yankees fan.

If you're going to smash on prospects, at least use good examples. Starlin Castro had one bad year and is hitting .300 in his fifth season. Mark Prior and Kerry Wood were a game away from winning the NL and being in the World Series. Their only fault is being managed by Dusty Baker. Anthony Rizzo? Jeff Samardzija?? The Cubs have a farm system ranked in the top 5 by everyone with talent coming up THIS year.

I understand that prospects don't always equal results, but a plan was laid out. Just because losing sucks doesn't mean you bail on a winning formula. They will spend money, but right now they'd only be doing it to maybe hover around .500. The approach worked in Boston. If you think that's a fluke, you don't have to look far to see the Cardinals using this approach to kick our asses and win championships consistently.

It's been 100+ years and we're on the cusp of the franchise turning things around. Hang in there buddy.

I thought this thread would have a lot more berating and Cubs abuse..................

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    I thought this thread would have a lot more berating and Cubs abuse..................
    There goes the neighborhood.. A White Sox fan just moved in. Wallowing in mediocrity on the South Side...Fuck That. I would rather be the shitstorm that is the 2014 Chicago Cubs.

And to you Beflber---WTF do you really know. How far in baseball did you get? You play a little softball on the weekends, maybe backup infielder for the High School Varsity, and read baseballamerica.com? Just because you want to be positive doesn't make you an expert. Of course Theo and Jed don't want to lose their jobs. Of course they don't. But that doesn't mean that their arrogance has not blinded them to the plight of long suffering fans sick of the wait for tomorrow spiel every fucking year. But hooray, we might take 3 of 4 from the equally wretched DiamondBacks. I am watching the game on TV. Looks like 10,000 fans made it to Wrigley on a nice April afternoon. At least people are getting smart and not wasting money on this crap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast