Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Silva/Weidman and the conspiracy

I watched the fight last night, including all of Silva's antics that he hasn't broken out since the Damien Maia fight and thought what everyone else did, that his showboating cost him the title. Then afterwards, he said he's got 10 fights left but doesn't want a rematch or to fight for a title again because he's tired of defending it...is it possible he threw this fight? If anything, what he did last night takes away from Weidman's win and by not having a rematch...I dunno. Something just seems off about the whole thing. Thoughts?

Zab
    There will be a rematch
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    There will be a rematch
    Wrong...his next match is Jon Jones.

PokerOwned Master
    did anyone see the pic of them at the weigh in? they were kissing lol it was weird.

Banned
    The weirdest part was Shaking his hand and bowing then getting all in his face. He's just strange. I do think though that Silva is the superior fighter and beat himself though.

Anyone have a link to watch this fight that isnt on vipbox.tv cause i couldnt find it there
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    Anyone have a link to watch this fight that isnt on vipbox.tv cause i couldnt find it there
    I watched it live on watchfeed. Someone may be streaming a replay. Wouldn't hurt to try. GL

I want to fight Anderson Silva. After a while if you really study an opponent , you know their moves in situations. Like Tyson for example most could not make it out of the first round with him. Then fighters trained to dodge and move to let him gas himself out and get him out of his elements and into further rounds and he got his but whooped.

Silva is becoming the next Rampage, fighters are figuring out their styles and beating the brakes off them.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    I want to fight Anderson Silva. After a while if you really study an opponent , you know their moves in situations. Like Tyson for example most could not make it out of the first round with him. Then fighters trained to dodge and move to let him gas himself out and get him out of his elements and into further rounds and he got his but whooped.

Silva is becoming the next Rampage, fighters are figuring out their styles and beating the brakes off them.
    Way off, Anderson Silva will still beat anyone at 185 or 205, he just got caught with a clean shot while messing around because he has done it all and doesn't really care anymore.

It's the natural cycle of most athletes. Drive and competitiveness naturally diminishes. That isn't to say he'll never fight again, but I imagine somewhere in his mind he'd rather be living a life never worrying about weight, what to eat, training days, and the general grind of flying around the world attending press junkets answering the same question every time. He's 38, which in fight years is OLD, and there's a lot of wear and tear and loss of general functionality that most of us probably don't see.

That doesn't diminish Weidman's accomplishment and when this all gets sorted, if Anderson gets his way (which seems like retirement), I look forward to Weidman v. Belfort.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast