Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64222.38

Thread: Red Dawn 2012

Elite PokerOwned Member

Red Dawn 2012

I'm a big fan of the original Red Dawn (Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen) and decided to download the new version and was thoroughly disappointed. It seemed like the directors wanted to make fun of the original, which was a classic. What did anyone else think of it?

I haven't seen it yet,,, I'll watch when comes up for viewing at home delivery from NetFlix.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Seasoned Veteran
    For such things should be fine money! Desecration!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yea i heard this movie was pretty ass....never saw the original,definitely think it's dated by now so dont think i'll watch either of them

PokerOwned Master
    have not seen it yet but what you say seems to be the norm with remakes these days as with starsky and hutch and other movies they are just parodys

Elite PokerOwned Member
    It wasn't that it was a parody, but the important scenes from the original were in the remake, but weren't put off as serious character changes or plot advancements. In the original, when Robert drinks the deer blood, it showed him becoming the bad ass character over his former wimpy self. In the remake, he drinks the deers blood, but is made fun of for doing it and it screws up the whole concept.

Dang I really likedRed Dawn. Hope the 2012 version is good also.

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    The original was awesome at the time. Thanks for letting me know not to waste a movie ticket!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i hate it when they start remaking movies or rebooting movies. i guess there's some out there like star trek that is a good remake but still the original should be around also.