Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fighter

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar

The Fighter

Last edited by CoddBrunson; 03-22-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Knight
    christian bale was really good at this movie,he won an oscar.

great movies

Banned
    this one is a great movie just watched it the other day adn never left my seat, good fighting movie you have to see it all. i give this move 3 stars out of 5

Knight
    this movie was off and on only good when action was occuring

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    I dont know, I just watched this movie the other day.

The Fighter was kinda slow to start, and painful to watch at times. The fight scenes in the first half the movie, were really weak. Definitely picked up in the end, but then it was over. The best parts of the movie, were dudes crackhead brother doing crazy s***. Like jumping out the back 2nd story window of the crack house into a pile of trash, and impersonating undercover cops so they could rob johns and hookers. I couldn't stand scenes with his mother. If you look up the word cunt, there's a picture of her. Was really painful to watch her going off the deep end, and the dad letting her be like that. I never feel its right to hit a woman, but about the 2nd or 3rd time she threw a pot or pan at me, damn straight she'd catch a hot one flying back.

I noticed some flaws in the film also. They said his brother was a crack head, and was at this crack house all the time, and they showed the people there really cracked out, but twice in the movie they showed them smoking a drug out of a plastic bottle. They insinuated it was crack, but you can't smoke crack like that. It was a plastic bottle with a straw poked in the side, and aluminum foil over the opening, with a cherrying burning substance inside. Crack takes an almost always continuous flame or high heat flame ie crack torch, and has to be smoked out of glass or metal to handle that heat. The only thing that could be smoked the way they were smoking, was pot. I hate movies that portray drug use inaccurately. Its not hard to do it right. Show a freakin glass tube or car antenna with them lighting the end. Done. Accurate. Thats crack being smoked.

Also, the scene where it showed dude with the cast on his arm, after the cops broke his hand, he wiggled his fingers, and the cast moved like it was a rubber movie prop.

Horrible. Other than that, I was somewhat bored for majority of the movie, was entertained in the end, and left overall, somewhat unsatisfied.
    Last edited by CoddBrunson; 03-22-2011 at 05:08 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    sounds like a awesome movie going to rent it next time i go to the movie store

PokerOwned Veteran
    sounds like some like the movie and some dont, ihavent seen it yet but was thinking about renting it

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Thaught it was a good movie I seem to recall all of it

Private
    thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast