Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70091.69

Thread: cloud atlas

PokerOwned Pro

cloud atlas

What is your understanding of the movie? I found it captivating but very confusing

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yea it's a really convoluted plot but i think the main premise is that there are universal and timeless themes in humanity...the slavemaster/nurse/hitman (smith from the matrix, that guy) is the never-ending thread of indecency and corruption in the world...from the time of slavery when he wanted to keep black people as slaves and throughout the film (especially as the devil character in tom hanks' head in the future) he was the archetypal "bad guy" character that used corruption and evil to eat at the fabric of humanity...he wanted to corrupt any decency in people and make them do things that would be considered 'evil'...then each of the other characters was another embodiment of an archetype that was present throughout the timelines of the film, leading up to the girl's jesus figure role in the end...fucking loved this movie and i've only seen it once, definitely plan on watching it again and then reading the book

PokerOwned Veteran
    booooooooooooooring. thats all there is to it

PokerOwned Master
    I think it looks good. It is like the same people in life keep reoccurring in different times. It looks pretty good. and Hanks is solid.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    it's an incredible movie...if you dont like thinking and actually trying to follow a plot, this movie isnt for you at all..but if you enjoy thought thought-provoking dialogues and real questions about life and the world, you'll love this movie

Is it kind of in the same vein as Inception?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thought I saw this on netflix.. or was that atlas shrugged?

PokerOwned God
    never even heard of it...just look up the trailer... shit looks super weak

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. These types of movies can be really good or really bad.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    Is it kind of in the same vein as Inception?
    not really, inception is much more surreal and conceptual...this one is more story-driven and character heavy...i LOVE inception, and this is almost up there for me in terms of greatness...i've also seen inception at least 15 times, so maybe after i watch this one more i'll love it as much